Spending too much on advertising and not enough return

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I say- horses for courses. Just keep an eye on if it IS actually working though- and put that £200 in your back pocket.

I'd be doing this, for free, personally

https://www.google.co.uk/business/

Like I say- horses for courses. Just keep an eye on if it IS actually working though- and put that £200 in your back pocket.

I'd be doing this, for free, personally

https://www.google.co.uk/business/
I do have a Google page too but have never done the paid google advertising yet. The local papers want that sort of money for something that just appears once so that's why I didn't think it was too unreasonable!

If you want something in your area I bet you Google it!

Do you go to the yell site and type in that you want a 'plumber' in Croydon? I don't ! But I would Google for a plumber in Croydon.
If any body googles massage or facials in my area, my website is way above any entries yell produces. Google your services in your area and see where the yell listings come!

If you want something in your area I bet you Google it!

Do you go to the yell site and type in that you want a 'plumber' in Croydon? I don't ! But I would Google for a plumber in Croydon.
If any body googles massage or facials in my area, my website is way above any entries yell produces. Google your services in your area and see where the yell listings come!
I don't know how to but I should definitely get my website on Google! Thanks very much!

I've just started up too. My leaflets only went out today, but i've had a few calls/texts/facebook messages which is great. When did you start up? How long have you given it for your advertising to work?

If your profile pic is the leaflet then i think it looks lovely. Did the reverse have your contact details?

How about linking your website and facebook page so we can give you some ideas on it?

One thing i did the other day which got me some interest was to use my personal account to like some local pages, such as selling pages or whats going on in my area, then i put up a message with a link to my facebook page. I got 4 new views and an enquiry within a few hours.

Cross promotion with other businesses? Hairdressers, party shops, bridal or special occassion dresses, florist...the list goes on.

Have you read Lynne's thread on marketing? It has some incredible ideas that i would never have thought of on my own. I feel your pain, it is so tough starting up again and i'm in Essex which is heavily saturated with beauty salons, but i'm determined to try everything and i know i'm good.

Hope this helps x
My advertising went out a few weeks ago, I gave out some flyers last week. I pay to promote my website. I've had one client from advertising in a local magazine. :-(

Latest posts

Back