Split across toe nail-help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportsgirl

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I did a new client's toes about 4 weeks ago (Gelish) and in the last week or so, she's had one of her big toenails split, horizontally about half way down the nail, it's probably about 5mm wide.

She asked me if I knew why it had happened and I told her that she must have impacted it in some way either by dropping something on it, bashing it etc. she can't remember anything happening that would have caused it. It was only after speaking to her that I remembered when I took her old colour off (applied by someone else) that her toe was bruised in exactly the same place. I then had a flashback of asking her exactly the same questions then about if she'd knocked it or dropped something on it.

Would you guys agree that she's obviously caused some trauma in some way that has caused the bruise and now the split??? I've never had this happen with anyone before but want to make sure I'm not missing something! Tia xx

It sounds very likely that that is the cause. We don't always remember bumps, I know I'm always finding a bruise and wondering how I got it! Lol

I wouldn't worry about this, she's hurt her toe, you pointed that out to her at the time of the service, and I'd say it's the cause of the split.

Thanks, I just had a bit of a wobble as it's the first time i've seen her and don't want her thinking it's because of her gels! X

If the nail has only just split, 4 weeks after applying the gels then it couldn't be your fault.

Latest posts

Back