Spondylosis and massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manda Panda

Reaction score
Can anyone offer any advice for massage for a client with Spondylosis. I understand it is a form of arthritis in the spine. Is this a contraindication to massage and would I need GP consent before carrying out treatment? I have researched it and basically light pressure with slower movements to aid relaxation seems to be the best option. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help anyone:cry:

Have massaged several clients with this condition exactly as you say, slowly and gently. I also add a gentle body scrub too so they feel that they are still getting a special treatment even though pressure is slightly compromised. ALWAYS with written consent from GP though.
Hope it goes well for you and your client

Thanks Sara for your advice, my client is disappointed she can't obtain a GP referral letter before Saturday. She says her back just aches slightly. I've explained fully the reasons why I need one. Hate not being able to help xx

I know what you mean, it is frustrating when you know you can help her and keep her happy immediately but a) there is a slight risk you may make her feel worse and b) her condition may "flare" with no connection to the treatment but she would always associate that with you.
For both those reasons you need that consent.
She will appreciate your attention in the long term and thank you for it x

Latest posts

Back