Spots after back wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlou06

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just a little concerned. I had a lovely gentleman in yesterday for a first time back wax. I use Lycon wax and there pre/post waxing products.

He has come in today showing me red spots after his wax yesterday!

This has never really happened before.

I did say no hot showers or perfumed products for 24 hours!

Help!!

Often for male virgin waxers the skin can react a bit, it can be stronger and much coarser hair.
When I get new clients I often suggest as part of their aftercare that they take anti histamine for a few days and combine this with their usual waxing aftercare.

For most clients they comment on how quickly the reaction settles..
Of course whilst I recommend this I only suggest thatvthey take these if they are able to.

HTH Jack

When I did my first male back wax I had the same thing and was terrified!
But as male waxer said anti histamines are great for anyone new to waxing. The red spots are the body's wax of saying "I'm freaked, what's this trauma!"

Might be worth suggesting he still takes an antihistamine to stop any further reaction and tell him to keep the area really clean so they don't become infected.
Don't worry, you have done nothing wrong :)

Have a search on here for related threads as when it happened to my client I found lots if really good tips on prevention and cure from other geeks xx

Hi there,

I use lycon too and have found the lycojet wax great for larger areas of coarse hair that you might not want to use strip wax for.

Make sure you put lots of lycotane and tea tree sooth on after the service. :)
Sent from my HTC Hero using SalonGeek

When I did my first male back wax I had the same thing and was terrified!
But as male waxer said anti histamines are great for anyone new to waxing. The red spots are the body's wax of saying "I'm freaked, what's this trauma!"

Might be worth suggesting he still takes an antihistamine to stop any further reaction and tell him to keep the area really clean so they don't become infected.
Don't worry, you have done nothing wrong :)

Have a search on here for related threads as when it happened to my client I found lots if really good tips on prevention and cure from other geeks xx
As much as we give them the advice on the day and tell them what they should do its often in one ear and out the other!!.. I have just added a blog to my website with a category for male waxing aftercare and I text my new clients the day after just to see hows it all settling and I send them the link to the page so they can see the relevant posts for themselves.

Jack

Perfect guys thank you so much for your time.

I just hope it hasn't put him off as he was a new client

And very easy on the eye!!

Latest posts

Back