Spray tan business - new beginnings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeski

Reaction score

Howdi-doodi!
I'm brand,spanking new to this site and I reckon that you fellow 'geeks' could help me out with some advice on getting started in a spray tanning venture! I'm lucky enough to have £20k to invest in a property nearby and get started with no experience whatsoever - crazy, I know! I recently had a little girl and I really didn't want to return to my former life as a customer sales manager beacause I hated it! Running my own business would be fab if only I knew how to get it going..... Hence this message.
I particularly like the idea of the contouring tan, would anyone know if this is offered as a course? Has anyone been in the same position as me and able to give me a few pointers, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks peeps!
Jessica
x:smack:x

Wow lucky you !!

I am doing a spray tan course but my friend is doing it she has just started training now so i am buying al lthe kit etc off her but i am mobile havent got a salon (boo hoo) she reckons spray tanning is her main earner (hope so)

well good luck any how

Jane

Thanks hun! Good luck to you too!!
x

Hi Jeski,

Just want to say good luck in your new venture & I hope you get it up and running. The money you have is good to have but spend it wisely. I'm a Mobile Spray Tanning Technician (a mouthful I know!) and it didn't cost me much to set up so if you find a good shop & advertise well it should work out well. A big tip for you advertise for FREE on the internet on 'Gumtree' & 'Viva Street' & if you pick the right wording when you type the adverts - you'll go to the top of Google when customers are searching for you!
Again good luck for the with the new venture - go for it girl!

Fellow Tanner - Kirsty P x

hi, welcome to spray tanning. I worked as a manager/ and then a secondary school teacher for years. my friend took me on a 6wk massage course for a laugh, and I was hooked on the health and beauty industry, I did my aromatherapy, masssage, hypnosis, stress management, spray tanning, nail courses , and the natural health practisemanagement business course. I now run my own company at the moment from home as I want to build up the business.(not ready to own a shop yet) I like the freedom of going to the care homes etc. I do not regret giving up my teaching job at all. I love meeting new people and travelling to peoples homes doing spray tan parties and going mobile to the elderly. I also earn more money now than when i was teaching. you do get the odd day when you are not busy but that gives me time to do the books etc or have a lay in ha ha. good luck with your new venture hope all goes well for you. Dont forget to write to the local paper with your new business info and photo and ask for free press release.

Thank you all for your best wishes, I'll be sure to pop in again when things get moving......
x

Hi, I dont actually think that there is a spray "contouring" course, that you can do, you just need to learn where to put the darker/lighter contours, to get the effect your after.

Good luck with starting your business and with your spray tanning course.

Spend Wisely

Latest posts

Back