Spray Tan Gun Issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emk32

Reaction score
i have a t200 machine and for awhile now when i come to spray tan someone the attachment at the end of the gun that attaches the hose just blows off the the gun. im left with the gun in my hand and the hose with the attachment still connected (which is meant to be on the gun) swirling around on the floor. i have got use to it that when i now spray tan someone i hold the hose so when it comes off i have a hold of it! however this is still quite embarrasing and on my last lady it happened 4 times didnt look very professional!

i cant afford a replacement gun so was wondering if i was to super glue the connector back into the gun it might be solved but on the other hand i dont want to fiddle around too much as i dont want to make it worse!

i have had the machine just over a year now and it started to happen not long after i had it but as i dont do too many people as only do spray tanning as a sideline didnt think it to b much of an issue but 4 times in one spray tan its getting rather annoying now!

any advice would be great thanks :)

The problem with using a permanent glue to attach the gun to the hose is that you would not be able to clean the gun properly.

It could be that you only need a new hose and not the gun which will be cheaper?

In the meantime, how about using plumbers "Duck" tape to attach the gun to the hose. This way you can remove the tape to clean gun, it shd be ok if you don't do many tans anyway.

Mine too has come off a lot (like you - a number of times during clients) but I found the more I used it the more I am getting into the hang of ramming it on so that it stays on for the duration but comes off at the end to put away. So that lately I have done clients without a single ping off! Maybe a firm word with your tube is all that is needed?!

I wouldn't glue as it would invalidate any aftercare support and anyway, super glue always makes things worse!

Caroline x

thanks for your reply.

it does seem that the part that comes off the gun was meant to stay put as its is sticky as if it was glued in the first place. the part doesnt even come off the gun when not in use and is not a part that needs to be cleaned when cleaning the gun. it is the silver end on the gun that comes off that u latch the hose onto. but saying that the hose does get quite hot near that end! :)

Mine too has come off a lot (like you - a number of times during clients) but I found the more I used it the more I am getting into the hang of ramming it on so that it stays on for the duration but comes off at the end to put away. So that lately I have done clients without a single ping off! Maybe a firm word with your tube is all that is needed?!

I wouldn't glue as it would invalidate any aftercare support and anyway, super glue always makes things worse!

Caroline x

does your hose just ping off or does it still have the gun attachment part still attached to the hose when it pings off?

The hose separates so that I am stood there with a gun attachment pointed at the client and a tube swirling around the floor.

But I am afraid that I have jumped the gun myself as I have just realised I don't have the T200 :rolleyes: I have the Maxi-mist which is a different beast altogether :o Sorry about that.

Caroline x

The hose separates so that I am stood there with a gun attachment pointed at the client and a tube swirling around the floor.

But I am afraid that I have jumped the gun myself as I have just realised I don't have the T200 :rolleyes: I have the Maxi-mist which is a different beast altogether :o Sorry about that.

Caroline x

If its the Maximist gun then your either not pushing in the hose fully enough or that there is some wear and tear on either the male or female adaptor.
You could try taping a flexible tape around the male connector which may hold it in better for you.
Alternativley clue it in place however that will mean that you will have the hose permanently attached to the gun when it come to cleaning....not ideal but perhaps better than having the hose keep popping off mid tan.

On those that are having similar problems with the T200 connector...simply glue it back in place with either super glue,nail glue or even eyelash extension glue.
This will of course invalidate any guarantee but presumably if you've already not tried to get a replacement gun then your equipment is probably out of warranty

HTH :hug:

If its the Maximist gun then your either not pushing in the hose fully enough or ...

That's probably the right diagnosis for me as I am finding it much better since I have been firmer with it. Thanks for confirming it :hug:

That's probably the right diagnosis for me as I am finding it much better since I have been firmer with it. Thanks for confirming it :hug:

Thought so...when pussing the hose in try turning it a tad at the same time :hug:

Latest posts

Back