Spray tan patch test - how do you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florriedee

Reaction score
Forgive my asking this question which may very well have been asked a number of times but my t'interweb web is down and I can't do a search on my Blackberry.

How does everyone do their patch tests these days for spray-tanning? Particularly mobiles, as I am. Do you all send a sample and a Q-tip in the post and if so what do you put the solution in? And where do you get whatever it is from? Or do you go to the cliet's house? Or sdo you meet in the middle? I have a client who is nowhere near me who has never had a spray-tan before and thus needs a test. Can anyone help me? Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

Forgive my asking this question which may very well have been asked a number of times but my t'interweb web is down and I can't do a search on my Blackberry.

How does everyone do their patch tests these days for spray-tanning? Particularly mobiles, as I am. Do you all send a sample and a Q-tip in the post and if so what do you put the solution in? And where do you get whatever it is from? Or do you go to the cliet's house? Or sdo you meet in the middle? I have a client who is nowhere near me who has never had a spray-tan before and thus needs a test. Can anyone help me? Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

Simply soak a Q tip in the solution your using...stick it in a seal able plastic bag or wrap in cling film and post it together with instruction's to your customer .

As a means of covering your backside it is also advisable to get your customer to sign something to say they have undertaken their own patch test using your solution and that there was/is no adverse reaction and that they are happy for you to proceed with the spray tan.

It is also wise to contact your insurer and find out what criteria they place on you regarding this issue

All a bit over the top but better safe than sorry :hug:

Last edited:
Hi, Colins idea is a popular one, but I do worry if it's enough to satisfy your insurance requirements.

We have to pass recognised training to be covered by insurance, so I can't see how an untrained customer, administrating their own patch test would fulfil your insurance requirements.

I think the best advise is to email your insurance company and product supplier to ask for their guidance, then print a save them.

In my case, the insurance company insisted that I followed the advice of my product manufacturer and that was to do a 24 hour patch test on people who've never had a spray tan before... so that's, exactly, what I do:).

jes

Latest posts

Back