Spray tan pop up tent question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshmalotoast

Reaction score
Hey folks!

I just recieved my kit today, and was surprised to see the tent floor has a split section. Is this normal? My concern is obviously if it is sitting on someones carpet and spray goes through.

I know I can just put a towel over it, but I don't remember a split in the tent we trained in, and it seems to defeat the purpose of having a tent in the first place a bit.

I have never seen that before. I would call the company you bought it from to see if that is right?!

You will have overspray and it could go through the split at the bottom.

hello, what do you mean a split section hun? Were is your tent from, could you maybe put a pic on? x

It's from LA Tanning company - along the base 3/4 way back it has a section which is split open, with velcro fasteners along it, but even doing them up - it still has open areas.

3 of us from my course got them, and all the same.

Think I'll contact LA tan about them...I'm not happy with that after paying so much for the kit, even if it was on offer.

Will post a pic later. Thanks for your replies girls x

Hi mines the same. I'm not sure of its purpose, its probably really obvious to other geeks. I thought it might be for an extractor but its got the zipped flap at the back aswell.:?:

Having sprayed a few times in it I can say its fine, although I havent sprayed on carpet.

Here's a pic - hard to get a good pic as so dark, sorry

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326314399.121563.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1326314399.121563.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 175
That's the flap for the extractor if you use one Hun.

I thought you meant on the plastic base!

It will be fine but it is always a good idea to put towels or a shower curtain under your tent anyway

Sorry just seen the pic. I haven't seen that before?! I think call la tanning and ask what it's purpose is. You wil def need something under your tent!

That is the base :)

I also bought my kit from LA tan and the tent has a split in the base. I've put a plastic table cover (really cheap on ebay) on the floor underneath and a towel inside the tent. I was suprised when i saw it and agree it does defeat the purpose of the tent :s

I've emailed them to complain. I don't think I should have to purchase extra stuff to make it usable.
Shall let you know the reply.

:)

I've emailed them to complain. I don't think I should have to purchase extra stuff to make it usable.
Shall let you know the reply.

:)

I got my tent from la tan & I had a small rip in mine, it happened after about 3 weeks, it was only a slight rip so I put black masking tape over it & its been fine. but my kit was guaranteed for 1 year so i may ring them tomorrow & see what they say, it's worth a call at the end of the day, good luck :) x

I bought one like that, they said it was for cleaning. However they said they had liners ? Or I could exchange for a normal one. I swapped. I know your clients won t be standing in a pool of tan but I think this split is going to increase the risk of staining the floor. . X

Not sure how it makes cleaning easier. Hopefully I can swop mine then.

We pay a lot for this stuff - I expect it to be fit for purpose :)
Thanks for the replies x

They have replied today, and offered me to swop - but it's 3 weeks til the new ones come in.

In saying that, she has advised I can use the tent I have in the meantime, and as I am only practicing - this suits me fine.

Great company - I'm very impressed :)

Not sure how it makes cleaning easier. Hopefully I can swop mine then.

We pay a lot for this stuff - I expect it to be fit for purpose :)
Thanks for the replies x

I know when I have been cleaning mine out properly in the garden with a hose all of the water collects in the bottom and I have to try and tip it upside down to get all of the water out!

So I guess that is what they mean by the cleaning thing?

But I totally agree with you and I would rather it was me struggling to drain the water than ruining a customers carpet!!!

Latest posts

Back