Spray tan problem with back of knees!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Bliss

Reaction score
Hi all,
I wonder if any of you have had this problem! I sprayed my sis last week (I use Sienna and have sprayed many people and they have all been fine) and she called me two days later to tell me that the back of her knees have been itching her like mad and they look like they have come up in ezcema! She doesn't have any allergies etc and it is only on this area. She did however wear jeans when she had it (albeit baggy ones) and I wonder whether they could have irritated it by rubbing against it after but surely it would irritate her all over?
Has this happened to anyone else at any point?
Any ideas appreciated!

x

Hi all,
I wonder if any of you have had this problem! I sprayed my sis last week (I use Sienna and have sprayed many people and they have all been fine) and she called me two days later to tell me that the back of her knees have been itching her like mad and they look like they have come up in ezcema! She doesn't have any allergies etc and it is only on this area. She did however wear jeans when she had it (albeit baggy ones) and I wonder whether they could have irritated it by rubbing against it after but surely it would irritate her all over?
Has this happened to anyone else at any point?
Any ideas appreciated!

x

As you say I dont think its the jeans causing the problem as the itchy ness would have been elsewhere also.

Has your sis had this tan application before..if so with/without reaction as this.

Is she overweight..sorry to ask but relevant question :hug:..if folds over this area and sitting in a warm centrally heated room could possibly cause this reaction???

Had she prepared for the tan application and perhaps missed the backs of the knees..which is a hard place to get to and easily missed.

It is possible that she has developed a very slight reaction. The backs of the knees, inside of elbows are classic reaction sites.

My husband and daughter both have sensitive skin to a certain degree and I recently changed my washing powder - why I dont know LOL - both developed itchiness behind knees and inside of elbows.

My husband and daughter both have sensitive skin to a certain degree and I recently changed my washing powder - why I dont know LOL - both developed itchiness behind knees and inside of elbows.

Ahh bless em :hug: but how did there tan turn out??

Sorry Fi...just couldnt resist :lol::lol::hug:

Hiya!

She has never used any form of sunless tanning (god knows how she has gone so long!) but doesn't have sensitive skin at all, she exfoliated all over 24 hours before hand and this was the only place which came up like this, I have just never seen it before after spray tanning and would have thought if it was a reaction to it it would have been more of a rash than an ezcema looking area!

She is slim so defo not the problem of her being overweight either.

Will spray her again (if she will agree to it!) after prepping her myself next time and see if it happens again maybe!

Thank you for all replies, i guess just one of those freak occurrences, as you also that really is a warm area!

K x

Hiya!

She has never used any form of sunless tanning (god knows how she has gone so long!) but doesn't have sensitive skin at all, she exfoliated all over 24 hours before hand and this was the only place which came up like this, I have just never seen it before after spray tanning and would have thought if it was a reaction to it it would have been more of a rash than an ezcema looking area!

She is slim so defo not the problem of her being overweight either.

Will spray her again (if she will agree to it!) after prepping her myself next time and see if it happens again maybe!

Thank you for all replies, i guess just one of those freak occurrences, as you also that really is a warm area!

K x

As Fiona quiet rightly has pointed ot this area can be very sensitive with some individuals and this could be a mild case of a reaction to the liquid which is showing through to this area.

Just a though before you spray her again is to ask her to come back in after her first tan has faded and do a patch test to this area and behind her ear also.

If no reaction to either area...then hey presto put it down to ..well who knows??

If there is no reaction behind the ear but there is behind the knee then I suspect this could be a case of being mildly allergic to an ingredients in this solution.

I do somehow suspect that all will go well though
Good luck and keep us posted:hug:

Which sienna solution did you use? if it was a Q10 (8.5% 0r 12.5%) then try using either the 8. 10 or 12 % pro solution. Different ingrediants and may not cause the same reaction.
K

There is another thread somewhere on the site where people are complaining of itchiness after been sprayed with sienna hth

That is good thinking to try the other Sienna Solution Type as I used 8.5%, I may try using the 8% as they do indeed contain different solutions! Everyone else i have sprayed has been fine this is the first reaction, i will definitely go with the patch test idea also though and will search the other thread!

Thank you so much for your help!

xx

Latest posts

Back