Spray tan yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupcake34

Reaction score
Hello geeks so was wondering if anyone had any techniques on how to spray yourself? Obviously I would need a mirror in my garage where I spray and assuming turn my gun down lower as will be a closer spray. I'm using a ts50 btw.
Just love having a colour on myself but persuading the boyfriend to do it each week is impossible so I thought why not try myself, can imagine this will turn disastrous!

Will watch this with interest as I have tried and ended up getting very messy although I think if I hadn't showered straight afterwards it probably would have been ok once developed. Will stick to DH doing it for me unless someone comes along with a genius response :)

Just attempted it and think it'll be a disaster tomorrow! The gun started to spit out (not done that before) but think was because holding it at diff angles. So now I have awful legs!
Pretty sure I'm going to need to wash off and get the oh to respray tomoro!

Following. .... I have to beg my oh to spray me.... be nice to do it myself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always end up arguing with hubby while he's spraying me. Don't know if i'd be able to do it myself tho but Good luck xx

It was the angle of holding the gun that perplexed me as well as I found it impossible to keep it level whilst spraying myself esp when doing legs, short of doing it outside and cocking my leg on the windowsill :cool:

I get my hubby to do me. He is now really good haha!! Xx

My hubby plays on his Xbox. So the deal was he can play on it all night long with out me complaining if he sprays me haha. Now he doesn't mind doing it 👍xx

Other half sprayed me the other night for the first time.... I think he put a bit too much on....LOL ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408258381.662745.jpg

I get the hubby to spray me too! He's getting better xx

I havn't got a husband!

I've been thinking about asking this exact question for a few days - you have obviously been reading my mind! :eek:

I don't have an OH :( so can't get anyone else to do mine but when I went on my training, my tutor talked about how she had just broke up with her boyfriend so had to spray herself. Showed us some weird positions to get to her back and she didn't look badly tanned. I might have to email her to get more info for us all ha x

I saved these screen shots from another thread over a year ago I've used this method many times pretty successfully even when I was very pregnant. Occasionally my hubby does it but it's do much effort to get him to do it I usually end up doing my own xxxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408279885.769946.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408279900.552507.jpg

I saved these screen shots from another thread over a year ago I've used this method many times pretty successfully even when I was very pregnant. Occasionally my hubby does it but it's do much effort to get him to do it I usually end up doing my own xxxView attachment 72991View attachment 72992

Thank you. Will give this ago. Who knows how it will turn out and what positions I will be in lol xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've sprayed myself for years now. I'm too tight to pay someone that I can do a decent job of myself lol. So infront of a mirror. My little tip is to master using the gun facing you and using your thumb on the trigger for some areas. It's tricky to master and winters a great time to do this, as any hiccups are hidden under woollies..
As for routine basically you don't want to be bending over tanned bits so
1. bend forward spray shoulders and upper back over shoulder. Straighten up and spray lower back and sides . Thumb technique works well here.
2. Spray bum and legs.
3. Face chest and tum.
4. Arms, one at a time and dry crease before doing the other.
5. Hands.
This works for me and have a go. Practice makes perfect. Hope it helps :)

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I spray tan myself all the time .. The only problem I ever have is brown feet .. Even with plenty of barrier cream !! Don't know what happens ?

I go on holiday on Saturday and I wanted to spray myself before I go as I'm naturally blue ! But I'm a bit more nervous doing it before a holiday lol ! Xx

It is possible, I spray myself most weeks. The only time I ask my OH to spray me is if I ware something backless for example and needed him to spray there.
Tall mirror facing you, low setting on the gun and spray bottom to top!! This I learnt the hard way after creasing immediately sprayed skin (usually arms and between boobs).
You can't really over-spray and cause disaster... the skin can only absorb so much, any over-spray on the skin will simply wash down the drain!
:wink2:

Latest posts

Back