Spray tanners opinions wanted please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade - portia

Reaction score
Tanning booster drops .....

Would you recommend them ?

Should i use them ?

Are they good ?

When would i use these ?

Thanks geeks
jp - xx

Hi,
I don't use them, what brand have you gone with? I'm currently using Suntana & I'm holding out on buying booster drops as I've had confirmation last week that they are bringing out a darker solution for Xmas, x

I've used booster drops before but I find that they don't make much of a difference. I also use Suntana and have used the drops in the 12% for my ladies who like to be extra dark but once the new 16% is out I won't be using the drops. I've heard of some tanners who just buy a bottle of 8% and a bottle of boosters and just mix their own higher % solution but I'm not sure how effective this is. I tried puting some pure booster on my tummy to see how dark it actually was but I just ended up with a bright orange splodge. X

I was thinking about the booster drops in the hope that I wouldn't have to invest in several different strength solutions. I was hoping to boost up a lower strength solution and maybe just invest in darker product.

But it's Christmas and Santa asked me what I wanted and I've asked for some WOW Factor NKD Rapid Tan for those people that don't like leaving the tanning solution on over night and some Tantrick to try that out - couldn't really get things done with the sample bottles! And I'll see how they go.

LA Tan do some 250ml bottles so just the right size and price to try those out later maybe?

I use Suntana and have the booster drops too, I personally like them, had a dance client who tried a 12% which was not dark enough for her, but with the booster drops I was able to take it to at least a 16% (not tried darker than that yet).

Suntana are not making the 16 % as planned for xmas but are now doing a 14% suppose to be on sale end of this week x

Booster drops are not your only option. You can mix different percentages of the same brand.

For example if you buy 1 litre of 10% & 1 litre of 16% then you can mix them to get a 13%.

10% + 16% = 26........... 26 / 2 = 13%
(Always mix equal quantities for this equasion to work)

So if you had 25 ml of each solution you'd make up 50ml enough for 1 tan. If you added 1/2 a litre of each you'd get 1 litre of the new percent.

If you then mixed the 13% with 10% you'd have 11.5% & if you mixed the 13% with 16% you'd have 14.5%.

13% + 10% = 23...... 23 / 2 = 11.5%
13% + 16% = 29...... 29 / 2 = 14.5%

So from 2 litres you could have: 10%, 11.5%, 13%, 14.5% and 16%.

Baggybear - your a star (I hate maths ) you have saved me a very big headache :)
I had a lady who was 100% sure she wanted the darkest shade I had which was 16% - I can now mix the two lighter ones for a not so dark shade :)

Glad to help. :biggrin:

You can mix any 2 percents (doesn't have to be the 2 strengths I've mentioned above) as long as you follow the simple equasion above and ensure you mix together equal amounts. As I said though you can mix together as much or as little as you like. Oh yeah and remember to shake the bottles before mixing and remember to mix your solution just before use to ensure the DHA is dispersed throughout the solution not settled to the bottom of the bottle :wink2:.

Can be any 2 equal amounts then you can mix that again but ensure you mark your container so you remember what percent you've made :wink2:.

Latest posts

Back