Spray Tanning and Health & Safety

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spray 2 Go

Independent Geek!
Reaction score
There have been a few issues lately about Health & Safety within salons and for people who do mobile tanning. I thought I'd share these with you for your info.

For anyone who has the Tantrick MiniMist or TC3 system, these are True HVLP units, they are NOT compressors - recently a Health & Safety inspector declared that the HVLP system in someones salon needed to have its annual safety inspection as it was a "compressor" or the salon could receive a penalty of up to £20,000 for non compliance. Yes you will need to have every electrical item including your HVLP machine PAT tested on an annual basis, but this is different to the ruling affect compressors.

Please, if anyone has a Tantrick HVLP system and has a visit of this nature, pass their details through to myself or Stuart and we will speak to the relevant authority for you.

One thing you will have to do is ensure that any compressors are serviced by a "Competent person" no later than 14 month intervals to ensure you comply with the H&S regulations. Some machines even though they have a HVLP gun on them will actually be compressors.

Another issue which has come to light is that there seems to be a "Marketing Ploy" going on where companies are, of late, phoning around salons and mobile users saying it is now compulsory that filtration booths are used for spray tanning - can you imagine the worry this has caused?

We are not aware of this "New Law" within the industry and neither is a number of Health & Safety officials of which we are in contact with.

Obviously there are issues about the overspray and how to deal with it which we ALWAYS cover in training. We are confident that our recommendations fit any Health & Saftey requirements.

Regards

Mandy x

thanks for the info mandy xx

Latest posts

Back