Spray Tanning Bald Men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am spray tanning a friend of my husbands soon and he has a shaved heade, almost bald infact. My question to all you tanning experts is HOW ON EARTH DO I SPRAY HIS BALD HEAD AND When During the tan do I do it. I normally very composed but I am panicing abit, please help.

Carol XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Carol, don't panic, you'll be fine! When you do his back, include the back of his his, so spray from his head and doen the back. when you come to the front. Get him to tilt his head down, and as you spray, ask him to slowly lift his head. (propbably about 3 times to get the full coverage) Hope that makes sense!!!

Elaine. xxx

Hi all.

I am spray tanning a friend of my husbands soon and he has a shaved heade, almost bald infact. My question to all you tanning experts is HOW ON EARTH DO I SPRAY HIS BALD HEAD AND When During the tan do I do it. I normally very composed but I am panicing abit, please help.

Carol XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nothing to panic about..if you do your going to create yourself problems.

There are many different approaches you can take when tackling this area and no doubt there will be many routine thoughts given.

Ensure he hasn't shaved his head 24hrs prior to coming to you and has no sunblock or moisturiser applied either.

Spray at any time through your routine ..probably after or before doing the face.. and just mist over..I.E. don't spray as much as you do elsewhere as the head is likely to be darker anyway as its exposed on an on going basis to direct UV tanning throughout the day.

It is important not to apply to much solution to the head as you don't want it to dark by comparison.

Probably have the guy standing with his back to you slightly crouched down and apply solution from the forehead backwards in stripes..of course crossing them over. hold the gun slightly further away as you enter each stroke and as you leave each stroke so as to blend/fade in to the rest of the tan..alternativley you can continue down the back..you don't want a darker forehead or back of the neck.

Remember..less is definitely more and appropriate to this area.

Good luck :hug:

Hi Hun,

I had exactly the same worries as you as my boyfriend has a bald head and I was thinking god how am I going to tan his head!! I borrow him for extra practising. :)

Anyway its so easy....When I spray his back I just do a list mist up the back of his head, carry on routine as normal when I spray his face (I do that last) I just ask him to bend his head forwards abit and again, do a light mist.

There is no scary orange beacon going on or anything, it looks perfect everytime.

So, just tan as normal and give the back of head and front of head a light mist!

Kim x

Thanks Girls, I am carrying out the "man tan" tonight and am feeling much more confident after your advice.

Thanks again

Carol XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Latest posts

Back