Spray Tanning - Becoming a Teacher

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikyla_jay

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Wasnt sure what forum to ask this in so forgive me if im wrong.

I have been a spray tan technician for over 4 years its one of the first therapies I trained in as my mummy is a qualified tanning tech too, I was taught long before i was qualified. recently I have had a few friends ask if i can teach them how to apply that perfect tan! so i obliged obviously stating that me teaching them was just for home use (ie there friends and family) so my question is how would/could I become and official accredited indoor tanning teacher?
My thoughts are why teach for free? hehe plus I really injoyed it it was a change from just tanning :lick:

Can anyone help I have searched the net for courses that would qualify me for teaching status without any luck does anyone know of anywhere or do you teach begginers to tan? and would I be allowed to teach in my home salon or mobile?

Thank you to anyone that can shine some light :D

luv and best wishes xxx

I would suggest contacting the tanning companies?

I used to teach spray tanning, but worked for the distributor so did it that way and trained therapists that had bought the machine.

I am now a college lecturer in Beauty and we also teach spray tanning as part of the curriculum, I'm not sure how you would go about teaching just the tanning. You can look on sites like Sienna X and become a trainer for them - perhaps go down that route, they are looking for people to teach on Sundays and Mondays if I remember correctly?

In order to become accredited, you will need a teaching qualification such as PTLLS or a City & Guild qualification. Once you have completed this and written your course, you will be able to apply for accreditation from the various insurance companies.

THANK YOU EVERYONE! I will take note of all your advice! going to contact my spray supplier and look further into C&G accredited teacher training. FANTASTIC thank you :D

Hi,

I just wondered how you did with your training? what qualification that you went for and how much you charge to teach people etc?

Thank you :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back