Spray Tanning - Extractor necessary?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkangel

Reaction score
Evening all!!

I had a great time training with the STCC at Brentwood Academy last Friday. I am now deciding which kit etc I want to buy to start off with. To help me make up my mind, can any of you tanning geeks give me any advice (please, please, pretty please) on

(a) whether the minimist or HVLP 5002 is preferable (I will be doing mobile as well as at home)

(b) how important is it to have an extractor fan? Obviously, just starting up, it is a lot of extra expense, but I am conscious that if I'm in someone's house I don't want to have any overspray problems. HELP!!!! Do they really make a difference?

Thank you in advance of your help:confused:

I have recently changed to a minimist and although I do like it, you DO get a small amount of overspray,although far less than my previous equipment. I do use an extraction system, it was from amber mist and does the job brilliantly. HTH:)

So it's OK in house with white carpets and pale walls then?!!

Hi Jackie

I too trained with STCC and bought the pro business kit with the mini mist as it's pretty much fool proof!
There was a recent thread on here about extractors which you might want to look up.
I don't have one at the moment but am thinking I might get one for tanning parties.
I always pop my booth up somewhere with washable surfaces so no carpets! They say you get minimal overspray with the minimist not sure about the other machine!
HTH

my salon is white walls and furniture which is why I use an extraction. I found that not using extraction I was getting a build up of tan on my surfaces, and I cant stand that!! Im sure that one spray in a house will not be a problem, but I spray in the same room all the time so didnt want stained walls. Im just a cautious kinda gal!

We do our spraying in a small room and god did it get heavy with the heavy hang of the vapours etc, so we invested in an extractor and it's so much better now, it's really worth the money unless you're spraying in a nice open area!!

Latest posts

Back