Spray tanning problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcpark

Reaction score
I had a problem with a spray tan today and wondered if anyone else has ]
experienced this and what did they do>

All went well until I started doing the legs and the lady raised her arms to find the solution smudged and dripping. I always check the underarm is dry (and dry with warm air if necessary), so I'm sure the solution was dry before she put her arms down. I told her to hold them away from her body, so it didn't come into contact. It appeared to me that it was caused by excessive sweating. I patched it up as best I could (actually I think and hope it should be ok), and asked if she felt too hot. She replied she was fine, but had gone running that morning about an hour before her spray tan. Has anyone else come across this and what did you do / how was the end result?

I have only had this once, sprayed a young girl for a prom and there was wet literally dripping down from under her arms :eek: I thought she had just washed off her deodorant and not dryed herself, so I said "oh, did you just was off your deodorant?".... she said, no, It's sweat, I have a problem with excessive sweating - I felt awful for mentioning it then! must have made her feel terrible :o

I did the same as you, patted with a bit of couch roll the best I could but it was really bad! Dont know the outcome but I would imagine she would have been a bit patchy under there, I just told her to put some deodorant back on as soon as i'd finished.

Poor girl, must be awful to suffer with sweat like that! :eek:

Happened to me last week!
Was spraying a client and all was going well until i started going down her arms. She had started sweating and it was dribbling from under her arm. She was sweating quite bad and i patched up as best i could. She just continued sweating though and had to open a window!
I did explain to her how sweat affects a tan and it looked ok when i had finished.
She never called back though so i assume all was ok.
It's only ever happened with one client and as i'm salon based i just opened a window and noted it on her card so that next time she comes in, i can either open the window beforehand or put a fan in the room.

I dont think a window or a fan would have been any help for my lady, it was literally pouring out of her :eek: as fast as I was mopping up one bit another lot was dripping down... :eek: never seen anything like it!

Latest posts

Back