Spray tanning what am I doing wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelcaz1

Reaction score
ok where to start i did my training last week went well although u only do one tan and that was it. bought the midi mist kit from la tanning good buy. but the problom is i am using way to much spray every time cant seem to get a even tan it keeps running. thought it was that i was standing to close so moved back. still not any better have tightend my gun hope this helps. also worried that the tan will look crap as its not going on even no one has said anything but i am really worried need all help i can get .thanks in advance:eek:

Hi hun,

I have a different machine to you so not really sure on how you set it up but I'm guessing You need to tighten your gun loads if its running, the tan should be a very fine mist and virtually dry after it goes on the skin. HTH xx

Hiya, it does sound like your gun is set too high. You can test it on a piece of couch roll or kitchen roll. Just hold it in the corner and apply to the paper as you would to the body (same distance and speed) it should be a good strong colour but not coming through the paper - if that makes sense.
Then you will know it is set up correctly. Definitely shouldn't be running down the body.
Sorry I'm not familiar with your gun, but it should be a case of tightening to restrict the flow when you pull the trigger.
You could also try phoning your trainer and see if she can help.
Hope this helps xx

Hi there

Not sure how your gun operates but what I do every time I do a new tan is completely close the dial off and then open it gradually until its the spray amount that you want. I think mine is about quarter of a turn. It can help to put a bit of nail varnish on the dial when it is closed so you can see how far you have opened it if that makes sense?

Caroline xx

thanks everyone i thought that might be it set to high will give the paper a go thanks :)

I agree with what everyone else has said but i would add that to spray onto couch roll, don't tear a sheet off, just hold the roll vertically (or horizontally if that is the way you have been taught) at the top (holding the first piece down) and spray down it using the rest of the roll as backing so the air from the gun doesn't blow the sheet away.

And, to know you have the right amount of solution coming out of the gun you should not be able to see where you have sprayed on the 2nd ply of the sheet you have sprayed if you see what I mean.

Good luck

Lx

If its the machine I am thinking of, you have a black nozzle at the back of the gun. Turn this right down so you get barely a click on your trigger. If you need it higher or want to test that the solution is coming out then do the tissue test as suggested above.

Also its worth checking at the front of the gun your nozzle is set to the way you tan. if you apply tan up and down the body the nozzle should be in the '6' o clock position. If you are working side to side on the body ensure your nozzle is set to quarter to three.

This all would have been covered in your training so grab your manual out and have a look through that too as that should tell you how to trouble shoot.

Kate

Thanks again everyone that was exactly what was wrong turned it right down and its so much better hardly used any spray:lol:

Thanks again everyone that was exactly what was wrong turned it right down and its so much better hardly used any spray:lol:

Fab, good news :) xxx

Latest posts

Back