Spray tans for child beauty pageant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahb2701

Reaction score
Hi, iv just been asked by a mum if I could spray tan her 4 year old daughter for beauty pageants, would be every couple of months, I need to check my insurance first to see if I would even be able to, but what does everybody think?
Has anyone else ever tanned such a young client?

It's a beauty pagent and you have the mother's permission, check your insurance and it'll be fine!

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's a beauty pagent and you have the mother's permission, check your insurance and it'll be fine!

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is what I initially thought, but it was just because she said a few other therapists had said they wouldn't do it, so was just curious to people's opinions and if it was a big no no or something

Personally I wouldn't as i wouldn't be comfortable tanning someone and I would be worried about the effect it would have on their little lungs. Even for the sake of extra money I would leave well alone as it wouldn't sit comfortably with me but that is just my opinion x

I am a spray tanner and mother.

In both respects I would not do it. There is no need for a 4 year old to be tanned. Beauty pageant or not. It wouldn't sit right with me at all.

How would the child maintain the tan, keep to aftercare advice to avoid issues. 4 year olds should be worrying about what they are dressing their next barbie in not worrying about marking their fresh tan.

Good luck with your decision.

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was thinking the exact thing !
How to keep a 4 year old still or not her wet or so something to compromise her tan within the set no of hours!

I would say no.
But I suppose the mom would just go to someone else ...

Beauty at your finger tips!

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I think the fact that iv had to think about it for so long tells me that I'm not comfortable with it. I think I'm going to say no.

I'm another mum to a daughter and a spray tanner. I couldn't do it either, i just would not feel comfortable spray tanning a child that young. But of course it is up to the mum at the end if the day and she will get it done whoever does it. You could suggest a bronzer instead of a spray tan? That way it washes straight off but I know with these pageants all the girls have spray tans done. It's sad really, but that's a debate for another day :) Do what you are comfortable with xx

Latest posts

Back