Squats, who does them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
I am doing one of those squat challenges that i keep seein floating about online .. Anyone else seen them? I must admit, i have no bum whatsoever :biggrin: so hoping these help!

On day 1 i had to do 150, day 2 170, day 3 190 & today 210 .. Quite extreme but i did the 30 day challenge last year starting at 50 & it didn't really do anything so tryin to push myself.

Anyone else do squats? Do they work?

I do hundreds of squats over the week at various classes, usually whilst holding weights or kettlebells to add intensity to the workout

Certainly I notice a big difference to my legs if I go on holiday and DON'T do them for a week or two lol that's probably not just the squatstho but all of it.

I want to get rid of the squishy bit of fat at the top of my thighs tho and altho my leg muscles are really strong, that bit remains :twisted:

I do hundreds of squats over the week at various classes, usually whilst holding weights or kettlebells to add intensity to the workout

Certainly I notice a big difference to my legs if I go on holiday and DON'T do them for a week or two lol that's probably not just the squatstho but all of it.

I want to get rid of the squishy bit of fat at the top of my thighs tho and altho my leg muscles are really strong, that bit remains :twisted:

Oh great lol so by sounds o it it doesn't do anything to your bum but makes your thighs bigger haha :)

I have started weight training and do squats with weight I have no bum either so hoping it will build it. We also to lunges have you tried them? X

I have started weight training and do squats with weight I have no bum either so hoping it will build it. We also to lunges have you tried them? X

Just started then today aswell as donkey kicks. I am desperate to build muscle in my bum haha x

I did the 30 day squat challenge last year - starting at 50 & working up to 250. I definitely noticed a difference but my legs have always toned up really quickly anyway. Its the rest of me that takes ages to tone up. I keep saying I need to start doing them again in time for some nice weather.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did the 30 day squat challenge last year - starting at 50 & working up to 250. I definitely noticed a difference but my legs have always toned up really quickly anyway. Its the rest of me that takes ages to tone up. I keep saying I need to start doing them again in time for some nice weather.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't have the determination for tht lol!! I just do yoga and Pilates! Thoooo when I say "do" I ain't done any in a bloody long time!! Im a lazy lump if lard at the moment

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Just started then today aswell as donkey kicks. I am desperate to build muscle in my bum haha x

Me to really need some bum ha ha.. You should try some lunges ten on each leg three times a day twice a week xx

Me to really need some bum ha ha.. You should try some lunges ten on each leg three times a day twice a week xx

Can i not do everyday haha or will i end up with thighs as big as my gob ;) x

Can i not do everyday haha or will i end up with thighs as big as my gob ;) x

Haha you could do it everyday if you wanted it's just I do it twice a week because one day is dedicated to legs and ass and its impossible the next day to do them cause if the pain.. Xx

How do you get rid of the junk in the trunk?!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Squats? The last thing I need is more bottom volume.

However there is a massive mansion a few roads away. It's in disrepair and the front gates are chained up. The garden is fully overgrown and there is definitely no one living in it. I'm thinking of moving the family in to "squat" there. Can't you claim ownership after a certain amount of time? :D

I was watching fitness tv on sky all day today.. whilst I ate my birthday chocolates.. love Mr motivator, that was the only time I got up and did some squats with him, he cracks me up, think I will have that channel on more often in the hope that I actually do something !

How do you get rid of the junk in the trunk?!

Why on earth would you want to do that :shocked:

Why on earth would you want to do that :shocked:

Cause she big :D
I cannot do ANY booty exercises for the fear it may become more

Hey, ive always had a pancake arse and decided I wanted to build it .
a few tips :)
1. Squats work your quads more than your glutes, to work your glutes stand wider apart andpush up through your heels
2. Less reps, more weight
3. Other great glute exercises; barbell hip thrust, weighted donkey kicks, froggy glute lifts, x band steps and squat to lateral raise
4. To build muscle u need a small calorie surpluss
5. Limit cardio to 30 min interval training each work out, endurance cardio will be counter productive

hope this helps , it helped me :) I gained 2 inches
ps Im no expert this is just what ive found on the web

Hey, ive always had a pancake arse and decided I wanted to build it .
a few tips :)
1. Squats work your quads more than your glutes, to work your glutes stand wider apart andpush up through your heels
2. Less reps, more weight
3. Other great glute exercises; barbell hip thrust, weighted donkey kicks, froggy glute lifts, x band steps and squat to lateral raise
4. To build muscle u need a small calorie surpluss
5. Limit cardio to 30 min interval training each work out, endurance cardio will be counter productive

hope this helps , it helped me :) I gained 2 inches
ps Im no expert this is just what ive found on the web

out of all of them, i only know what donkey kicks are haha

This is my kinda squats!!

Attachments

• 1394125331616.jpg
    1394125331616.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 92
I love what they do for my body but I hate doing them. Really hate doing them.

Latest posts

Back