staff commission, incentives advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lublu

Reaction score
I want to recognise and reward my staff for working hard and retail sales but struggle to find a system which works financially for all of us, motivates them and is simple.
at the moment i pay 10% comm on retail.
what has worked in your salon?
Where there any schemes which worked for you as a therapist in the past.
many thanks
luce

Years ago, I've worked in a salon where a bonus of £40 would be payed if I've done £400+ worth in treatments in one week. Every £100 over £400 an extra £10.

So If I've done £580 as treatments, I would get a £50 bonus!

This I found, certainly encouraged staff to recommend other treatments and retail products and to get clients to make regular appointments.

I have it on a scale here...

for example, they sell 0 up to 150 they they get 10%, then from 151 - 300 they get 14%, then from 301 and up they get 20%. Those arent exactly what I use but I think this gets across what I do.

It works because then they try to up themselves so they make that extra %

BUT, I also get them to keep track of it, and show them every few days where they are at so that they keep motivated!

thank you for the feedback
does the £580 include retail sales or just treatment totals?
kat, is this based over a week or month?
luce

hi Lublu
The commision was Just for Treatment totals done by each employee. sounds a lot but it works out at £116 aday over 5 day week.......not that much when you break it down.

Latest posts

Back