Staff contract issues please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natso

Reaction score
Hi all
Im relatively new to owning and running a business. Ive had my salon for just 10 month's. All my staff are self employed rent a chair and I do beauty. One of my stylists is the old owner as she wished to continue working without the stress of running the business. When she sold the business to me she sold it incl goodwill ie all clients. I have now been told by several loyal client that she's been approaching them for mobile work. She has also been saying derogatory things about our new backwash after a recent refurbishment too. Stupidly I didnt give her a contract of work as I thought the one we signed at the solicitors would be legally binding enough. Is there anything I could do legally (not that i want to) but just to put the wind up her,toget her to stop trying to poach clients and not take the same stance on the backwash as the rest of the team?

When you brought the shop did the contract of sale include anything to do with clients, only working at the salon and no mobile within a certain distance, and not approaching salon clients for mobile etc, if not then legally you don't have a leg to stand on.
If not you could get contracts draw up with this on and get them all to sign it starting from now, it's not too late - it may make her think twice ... And sets down ground rules for everyone.

Latest posts

Back