Staff pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paigey G

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, Just wondering how any other salon owners pay their staff?

I pay mine a salary and part-timers by the hour, does anyone do a basic and commission if so how does it work?
Am thinking it will give more incentive as if theres nothing on they get paid regardless thoughts please?:hug:

I pay my therapists an hourly rate. On top of that they get 10% commission on retail sales, + a bonus if they reach their target each week, which is if their takings are so many times their wage.

I'm also doing incentives in the run up to Christmas for each voucher they sell or each promotional package they sell. This is something like 5 mins treatment time per sale. This may not sound a lot but 12 sales = 1 hour treatment time which if they had to pay salon fees, is worth a substantial amount to them.

Best thing is to ask your staff what would motivate them as we all have different reasons for getting selling.

I pay my therapists an hourly rate. On top of that they get 10% commission on retail sales, + a bonus if they reach their target each week

I do the same, but give montly targets instead of weekly xx

I pay mine by the hour. I have also launched an incentive scheme which involves
Upselling Nail polish/top coat
Booking clients in for infils
Selling gift vouchers

We reward points and each point = a prixe i think the worst prize is a £30 voucher and the Top prize is a Flatscreen.

So far this is working really well as it keeps her very motivated and upsells everytime.

HTH

Latest posts

Back