Staff teas and milk etc.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amanda999

Reaction score
What does everyone do regarding tea, coffee, milk and sugar. All my hairdressers are self employed, up to now we supply the above with intention for clients and the odd cuppa for staff, however we go through rediculess amounts of milk etc and it's the staff who drink it. They all have at least 6/7 cups a day everyday x5 people and it just adds up.

What does everyone do regarding tea, coffee, milk and sugar. All my hairdressers are self employed, up to now we supply the above with intention for clients and the odd cuppa for staff, however we go through rediculess amounts of milk etc and it's the staff who drink it. They all have at least 6/7 cups a day everyday x5 people and it just adds up.

When i was self employed i had to pay money into a kitty for this type of thing.... bit of a pee take really... didnt understand where my rent was going 😆

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe telll them if they're drinking it to buy the own? The tea you supply us for clients?..

Try putting a jar in the kitchen area and ask that they each contribute £1 a week towards personal tea coffee n sugar supplies. If there's 5 of them that should cover their share of these items? That's what we did in the staff room when I worked in a school instead of trying to work who bought the milk or replaced the sugar last time etc. maybe this will help?

We all bring milk coffee and tea in to share . just tell them that youre not supplying staff with coffe and tea anymore as no one ever brings in some milk or a refill of coffe and tea . easy

They've paid for it with their rent! You just need to work out a cheaper way of buying it in, I buy those Giant catering size coffees from asda it's huge and it costs about £4.50. It lasts ages much longer than a jar of Nescafé etc which can cost that for 1 jar, then get milk from the supermarket, it's 89p for the big ones in the corner shop I pay £1 for a 2 Pinter it costs a fortune to keep doing that so every Saturday I stock up in the supermarket for the week

I buy from Viking in wholesale bulk. In the past week I've gone through 12 cartons of milk!! 1kg sugar!! A huge tub of coffee and many tea bags and tbh I've never seen a customer have a cup themselves.

I think I will bring in a certain amount each week and then say if it runs out they have to buy it until I restock next week.

Oh wow lol that is quite a lot 🙊🙈

I counted today. They all are having one-two cups an hour so double what I first thought. That's a mad amount. Lol

Change milk to coffee mate it lasts longer and tastes nicer
Do they rent a chair or commission based off you? Happy staff = more work = more money

But if they're going through a catering size tub a week it sounds like someone could be taking some home, that's a lot to use in a week. They last us easily 3/4 weeks and I have minimum 6 a day x

You could do a coffee/tea rota every week/when it's runs out the next person on the Rota buys it? But depending on the arrangement ie self employed etc & what's included in their contract, if they have one. You could get into petty arguments with staff if 1 person does more hours than the other (& drinks more hot drinks etc!) maybe the best solution is to do as the OP suggested £1/£2 a week to cover costs, you'll prob see an instant reduction in the amount drunk once they realise it's coming out if their personal pocket!!

I counted today. They all are having one-two cups an hour so double what I first thought. That's a mad amount. Lol

Jeezzzz are they actually doing any work?

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

2 cups an hour!! I love tea and coffee but I wouldn't manage to drink 2 cups an hour. They mustn't be doing any work. They will either be drinking tea or on the toilet?

Maybe you should refer them to a doctor, drinking 16 cups (if over 8 hours) is alot of caffeine. They must be dehydrated lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

One to two cups an hour? They must be addicted to caffeine by now. One in morning, one at lunch and an afternoon cup is more than enough

Haha yes...change to de caff and see how they get on :p

Sounds like you need to be having a word about gow lazy they are not how much theyre drinking lol x

They do work. Lol. They don't ever have lunch breaks. they are back to back with clients- their choice. Could be it goes cold so they make a new one? They all work roughly 10 hours day. But maybe some goes to their houses too. Will def get coffee mate- can this be used in tea?

They all are on % not rent.

We use it in tea
Some people like it (makes it like a cream tea) other people don't X

I could set some rules. Maybe 4 coffee/tea a day and anything over is £1 a cup. If they are percentage then its cutting into your profits from them to keep buying mass quantities of milk, coffee etc. Maybe mention it, they might not realize they are making so many?

You could provide tea & coffee for the clients but ask them to buy their own for themselves?

Latest posts

Back