Staff using clients photos on their personal Instagram

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put your logo on every photo x

Put your logo on every photo x
What if the staff members takes the pics and sends them to you? An owner or manager take all the pics

I would have thought it sensible for the salon to have its own camera (ipad, phone,whatever) and insist all images are taken on this - with the client's permission of course. The salon owner then has control over the image usage, can watermark it and then upload it to their own business social media. If staff then want to share it with friends it would be labelled with the salon info.

Hi all I'm boosting this post (I think this is allowed) as I believe a staff member (untrusted one at that) is looking to leave before she's sacked (she's stealing but police have advised I get solid proof before I sack her /prosecute )

Even though we have a salon iPad. She's asking clients to get pictures on their phones and getting them to send to her via Facebook. I don't like this as she's A) setting herself up with my bloody clients and B) contacting clients outside of the salon!

Shes S employed, Any advise?

Last edited:
How long has she been working for you for? If under a year I would just terminate her employment. You could call Acas for some help to help you follow procedures correctly. Sadly with social media I think it’s near on impossible to stop clients adding her as Facebook friends and them contacting her. Obviously her contacting them is a no no. If ppl want to find her they will. I would just try to cut my losses and get her out of there ASAP xxxxx

Just terminate her employment immediately and pay her what’s she’s owed.

Guys the copyrights for the photography is the same everywhere in the world.
The copyrights and the person can use the picture is the person that press that 'click' ... so if salon believe that pictures are theirs because is their own shop they can hire a photographer or the boss can take the pictures by his self. What is this writing you let us be creative and the picture is yours ??? Close your salon better , peoplelike that destroy our branch!!!!

Guys the copyrights for the photography is the same everywhere in the world.
The copyrights and the person can use the picture is the person that press that 'click' ... so if salon believe that pictures are theirs because is their own shop they can hire a photographer or the boss can take the pictures by his self. What is this writing you let us be creative and the picture is yours ??? Close your salon better , peoplelike that destroy our branch!!!!

Just so you know, this thread was created 4 years ago, with the original poster having been absent for the last 2 of those.

Yeah, I'm new here ! Doesnt matter even if it is 6 years ago, people can still read and learn !!!!

Except
Yeah, I'm new here ! Doesnt matter even if it is 6 years ago, people can still read and learn !!!!

Yes, hopefully they can understand that it’s not an issue of copyright but the principles of intellectual property law that is relevant here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back