Staff working in another salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebosshq

Reaction score
I have a newly qualified nail tech
She has been offered a part time job in another salon in another area to run along side our salon.
I'm
Not a nail geek so can't really support her but I'm unsure of how this would work any suggestions I understand wanting guidance would you allow it any advice how to word contract

I had a girl do this years ago but the salon was miles away and I knew the boss well so it worked ok, eventually though she chose the other place to increase her hours as it was closer to home.

Presumably she's on the national minimum wage?
You either offer her more money/hours to stay in your salon or let her earn enough money to survive on by working in two salons.

If the other salon is in another area, what's the problem? You can't stop her working elsewhere if she's only working p/t for you.

No she's on more than min wage and only been qualified a few months. The problem is the attitude towards the staff while age decides she also picks up extra days so takes home an excellent wage. Also her speed isn't good due to newly qualified 4 hours to do 2 gel polishes. As the other salon I think if age feels she needs to work else were for guidance then her confidence to work alone in my salon isn't best for her. I was asking advice on how it worked for other salons

Latest posts

Back