Stamping - faint printing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GemL

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a play around at stamping, each time I stamp though the patterns comes out really faint. Tried some white flowers on a French shellac I did and you couldn't really see them. Am I doing anything wrong? I'm using MoYou stamps and Vinylux polish.x

You need a very pigmented colour, Vinylux is fab, but usually needs two coats for total coverage.

Invest in a proper stamping polish in the first instance, like Konad Special Stamping Polish or MoYou London's version is good too. Once you get your confidence you can experiment with other polishes, some work some don't. Some colours in brands work and others don't.

I use Vinylux, I find the silver and gold work perfectly but always go to my Konad for white.

Keep trying, once you get the knack it's addictive :wink2:

Barry m foil effect in silver is fab to stamp with. Also models own chrome polishes are beautiful and stamp perfectly over dark colours. Also mundo De UNA's stamping polishes are fantastic. And of course konad. If u use any of these polishes with ur moyou London stamping plates, the images will stamp perfectly . hope this helps :)

Sent from my Hudl 2 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies! It's really frustrating x

Watch the Sarah R videos on YouTube she's amazing and you will get so many tips x x

I have to agree with that - Sarah r is amazing!! Her videos will have u stamping with beautiful, crisp images in no time.. The only problem is trying not to buy everything she has...It's soooo difficult to resist :)

I have to agree with that - Sarah r is amazing!! Her videos will have u stamping with beautiful, crisp images in no time.. The only problem is trying not to buy everything she has...It's soooo difficult to resist :)

Yeah defo. That woman is gonna bankrupt me - I can't resist 😊 x

Latest posts

Back