Stamping - having trouble with fine detail designs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I'm doing ok on the whole with stamping and am delighted with the plates I've bought and so are my clients.

However there are a few that are not working for me ... This one in particular, which is a shame because it's this one that a client particularly wants for her daughters wedding. I have a few weeks to perfect.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443595971.267284.jpg

The polish doesn't seem to transfer onto my stamper properly. Altho the same make of polish is fab for all the other designs.

Any tips or recommendations for a make of polish that you find works with very fine detail like this? Thanks

For black or white designs I use the Konad polishes and haven't had a problem yet, although I don't think I've done one as finely detailed as this one! Which polish are you using at the moment?

I'm finding Posh Polish is great but they don't do black/white, but have a white from konad which doesn't work with this design :(. I have yet to find a good black

Try to scrape very lightly at an angle and just one scrape and stamp immediately, the finer etched designs dry super quick x

Hmmm if the same polish brand is working on other designs could it be that the plate isn't quite etched enough, maybe it's nothing you're doing ?

You could try hand painting it if the stamp isn't working. It seems like a very simple design.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1443625795.754193.jpg

This was my second attempt at this design. I found I had to speed up for it to come out half decent! X

Steph that's not hand painted is it?
I don't think I could get a decent result by hand :(

The first image is hand-painted, but you can of course get stamping plates with that design. Konad and Mundo de Unas polishes are fantastic. Make sure they are well mixed/stirred before use. You can get super sharp detail with these polishes. Make sure your plate is super clean and your stamper is primed. Also make sure sticky layer of polish is removed.

Have you tried the moyou londen stamping polish?

No, it's stamped! Plate and polish from moyou x

No, it's stamped! Plate and polish from moyou x
Really. Which plate is that? There are several Moyou dandelion plates (I have one), and I didn't see one like that. It really does look handpainted if you look at it enlarged. Why the exclamation point, by the way?

Latest posts

Back