Stamping help, please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rakkausbeauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
Hope everyone is well!
I'm having a minor melt down with my stamping and was wondering if any of you could help?
I'm having serious trouble getting the polish to adhere to the stamper from the plate? (Does that make sense?) it seems like no matter how much I practise I just can't crack it.
I use Yours stamping plates and CND creative play for stamping polish, scrub fresh both plate and stamper before use and.... nada.
Any ideas? I'm getting really grumpy about it now [emoji19]
Thanks in advance!
Xxx

Sometimes pressing down picks the image up well, sometimes rolling does, have you tried both?

Sometimes pressing down picks the image up well, sometimes rolling does, have you tried both?

I've tried both blossom and I don't seem to be getting on either way. ☹️️ I'm feeling really downhearted but I don't want to give up as I think the results are amazing.
I was wondering if my stamper head was maybe to squishy- is that even a thing? Xxx

Try not to scrape as hard, that seemed to be my problem xx

You need to be mega speedy too, like REALLY speedy as the polish dries so quick, so like paint, scrape, pick up and place all in a few seconds

Oh gosh! Speedy head on then!! Thanks for all your help! Xxx

What stamper do you have? But the other ladies are right you need to be scraping at a 45 degree angle and not excessively hard else you will remove most of the polish, also if you let it sit on the plate too long the stamper probably won't pick up as the polish starts to dry.

Depending on the stamper as mentioned above some work with a rolling motion and some just if you press down (although if there is not enough polish/it's started to dry it won't make a difference) xx

Have a look at this you tube video Fee Wallace CND ambassador

Hope this helps xx

I've tried both blossom and I don't seem to be getting on either way. ☹️️ I'm feeling really downhearted but I don't want to give up as I think the results are amazing.
I was wondering if my stamper head was maybe to squishy- is that even a thing? Xxx

I found that I couldn't get my Moyou squishy stamper to work but when I tried a normal stamper it worked much better. It does take a lot of time and practice

I bought 2 stamps last month, one from eBay and one from moyou London and I had the same trouble with both, and then I read on line that if you gently buff the stamped then it should help to pick up, I did this and now it works fine x

Hi ladies! Thanks so much for all your replies! I think I'm going to have a look at the video Alison posted, and maybe invest in a couple of new stumpers to have a play with!
Thank you again for all of your advice, I really appreciate it xxx

I had the same problem, but once I buffed the stamper, it worked like a charm.

I'm having a huge problem with stamping too, been trying all day!!! I have managed to get a few of my colours to work (occasionally) but whenever I try my gold MoYou polish it won't pick up aattttt all. I have the MoYou London Crystal Clear stamper- I saw that buffing the stamper could work, but I didn't dare buff my clear on incase I ruined it!!!

Clear stampers are the business

I think a couple of tips might help massively.

Firstly, only clean your plates using pure acetone.

Secondly, don't use acetone, scrub fresh or anything else in your stamper head. If it's not picking up, simply wash it with washing up liquid and let it dry naturally.

Finally, don't scrape too hard. A quick swipe with a flexible scraper should do the trick and move quickly.

Hth x

I found the MoYou stamper was useless until I buffed it so it went Matt! My £2 one off eBay worked much better. I have also found some MoYou polish colours work better than others. Practice makes perfect [emoji5]️ good luck x

I'm having a huge problem with stamping too, been trying all day!!! I have managed to get a few of my colours to work (occasionally) but whenever I try my gold MoYou polish it won't pick up aattttt all. I have the MoYou London Crystal Clear stamper- I saw that buffing the stamper could work, but I didn't dare buff my clear on incase I ruined it!!!
Those moyou silver and gold polishes cause me problems too, I think it's because they're quite metallic that they dry super fast so you have to work super quick! I also find different stampers work better with different polishes and plates, it takes a lot of practice, patience and trial and error (for me personally anyway, but lots of people seem to find it a breeze! Jealous)

I use scrubfresh to clean the plate, scraper and my clear jelly stamper and I use Konad stamping polishes - never had a problem with the design not picking up or printing.
I'm still cautious with my stamping effects so I still top coat, wipe & then stamp in case it goes squiffy or the client doesn't like it. Easy to wipe off with scrubfresh and have another go then. Once client happy, I then top coat over the design.
:)

P.S.
I have various stamping plates from different companies, the technique above seems to work with them all.

Those moyou silver and gold polishes cause me problems too, I think it's because they're quite metallic that they dry super fast so you have to work super quick! I also find different stampers work better with different polishes and plates, it takes a lot of practice, patience and trial and error (for me personally anyway, but lots of people seem to find it a breeze! Jealous)
Urgh yes!! I've given up on the gold!! Silver I can just about manage now.... I might have a look on eBay for a different type of stamper, lots of people seem to get on well with just a cheapy stamper. Thanks for your advice!xx

Latest posts

Back