Stamping help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone might be able give me some tips or advice on stamping...I bought a Konad kit last year but haven't had much success using it, I always find that either the image doesn't pick up properly or it doesn't transfer right, I have prepped my stamper by buffing over, I clean the image plate, scraper and stamper ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415718109.954018.jpg each time with acetone but I just can't get it to work properly every time, I get the odd one that goes right but most of the time they don't. I have just bought a couple of Moyou plates which I love! But I'm having the same problem, just wondering if anyone else has problems with the Konad stampers? I've attached a picture so you can see what I mean.

Sorry for the long post! I will be very grateful if anyone has any tips :)
x

Sorry for the random picture in the middle lol not sure how I managed that! It was supposed to be at the end x

Hey, lets try and get you stamping!

Do you use proper stamping polish? Konad or Barry m metalics are great? I would gently buff your stamper again, it doesn't need doing each time, just the once and it should be good to go, so maybe you haven't buffed it enough?

Try buffing again gently, wipe with acetone, then, put your polish on your plate and scrape away fairly swiftly, and boom, press your stamper on and it should be perfect?

Thanks for your reply :) I do use the Konad stamping polishes, I've never tried Barry M with it so I'll have to get a couple to try.
Maybe I haven't buffed that stamper properly, I'll give that another go. I work quickly scraping and picking up the image it just doesn't seem to pick up or transfer right every time it's so frustrating having these lovely plates and not been able to use them lol
x

Are you rolling over the image?

General rule of thumb:

Hard rubber stampers (Konad etc) you need roll over the image.

Squishy stampers you need to "squish" down on the image.

If it's really not picking up after a few methods, it might well be the plate? xx

Last edited:
I do roll to pick up and transfer the image, I'm starting to think I'm just jinxed with it lol
I think it might actually be my stamper though. I have just used the smaller end and it work perfectly.
I'm going to order a new stamper to try, is there any particular one you would recommend?
x

This is probably a bit late to be posting this, as you have already buffed, but I only buff the squidgy stamper as it has a shine to it, I have never had to buff Konad stampers, they are a more solid rubber. x

That could be where I've gone wrong then, I've ordered a new stamper from Moyou, fingers crossed I can get using all these lovely image plates! :) Thanks for your help x

Are you stamping on top of your top coat for gel polish or on top of a colour coat without top coat?

Only reason I ask is because stamping doesn't work as well onto the inhibition layer of colour coat. I usually wipe the inhibition layer of my colour coat before stamping if i want to avoid two top coats... does that make sense?

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Shellac and have been removing the inhibition layer after top coat, stamping then another thin top coat is that right?

Check out Mrs greys vids on youtube....go on and type in sarah r...and voila. She will sort you out...good luck

Thank you ChicNails I'll have a look :) x

I think we all have preferences on stampers.

I'm used to my Konad hard stamper and so used to rolling over the image that I struggle to use the really squishy Moyou stamper as it's a different motion. I forget to just stamp and then I roll and smudge! :sad:

So see how you get on with the MoYou one, it could change everything!

I've tried all your tips today and have managed to get stamping! :) theres still a few that didn't pick up properly so will see how I get on with the Moyou stamper. Thanks to you all for your help and tips!

Latest posts

Back