Stamping, where am I going wrong? Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deedee23

Reaction score
I bought three of the moyou stamping kits, so comes with they're own polish and im assuming just basic/standard stamper.
I've cleaned plate with pure acetone, prepped one stamp by filling gently with nail file, cleaned one with pure acetone and left one as it came.
But none of them are picking up the design from plate, or if by an off chance it does its not the full design, it's patchy.
is it the stamper, the polish or just my lack of expertise with these???
any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have you tried rolling the stamper over the image, as opposed to punching it straight down?

Yeah that's what I have Been doing it's so frustrating

Stupid question. But have you removed the blue film from the stamping plate?

I haven't used any of the moyou polishes so I can't comment on them but not all polishes stamp well. If you have any metallic polish try with those, also if you have normal polish try some of those as well, the thicker the polish the better the result. Although you don't have to work super quick, you should work at a pace that does not allow the polish to dry as the stamper will have problems picking up the image.

If you use a Konad style stamper (fairly hard) you should roll it over the image and also the nail, if it's a more squishy stamper you should lightly press on the image and the nail, try not to put too much pressure as the image will be distorted.

Stamping can be a little trial and error at first, don't be afraid to try different polishes. HTH x

I may be blonde ha ha but yeah I have removed the blue protector lol

I think I am just going to have to keep practising. watching a video on YouTube she talks about a squishy stamper, so I may buy a few different types see if that's helps. its just so frustrating coz pics on pintrest and YouTube look fab and im a profectionist so im getting mad not being able to do it.

Barry M Silver and Gold foil effect are brilliant starter polishes, really easy to stamp with. Are you taking on a big image? Maybe start with something small like a flower, or something that doesn't cover all the nail but just a small area. I have five stampers, all of which I use for different types of images and polish, I find that if a particular polish doesn't stamp well I'll try another stamper and it will work better. Keep practicing, don't give up, you'll love it once you get the hang of it. x

Speed is the name of the game - I had same problem at perfect pushing day- watching other experienced stampers- but it was speed that made the difference - don't overthink it x

Watch Sarah r videos on YouTube she's amazing and you'll get some great tips :) x x

Moyou advised me to lightly buff the stamper with a filing block when I had the same problem, seems to have worked.

A few things could be the problem... one is speed. I line the stamper up behind the plate, scrape and stamp in one swift motion which helps.
Also don't scrape too hard! A the start I was basically scraping too much polish off, so use a gentle hand and a 45 degree angle to scrape!

Hi, i have been stamping with moyou plates for a while now. I absolutley love them. However i recently bought 3 of their stamping polishes and was very disappointed. Colours were nothing like the pics on the site, images picked up patchy, 1 didnt pick up at all. I know its definitley the polish as i have used the plates 100s of times with konad stamping polishes and various other polishes and they have worked just fine. I found shaking the bottle of moyou polish really well helped a tiny bit but i will definitely not be buying any more. I recommend konad. Oh and china glaze do a chrome polish called i'd melt for you and that is amazing for stamping :) x

Latest posts

Back