Standard Working Hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma-Louise

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Just a quick question, what hours should you expect to work when you are working for a nail salon. I have seen some jobs that start very early and finish very late, obviously you have to work some after hours because of clients work commitments but is this a stardard thing...to work long hours and weekends...

Hope you can help

Emma

It depends........
I work full time so 45+ is my norm...........
It also depends on clients needs.........
So anything goes really.........I have found with staffing issues at some point that some only wanted to do some hours and not others lol....so I had to decide either one full timer or 2 part timers.......I choose a full timer, someone that was willing to put in the hours to get a good wage .......Now I am back to just me ( Faye decided to have twins)and I work all the hours that I am needed and that does mean also some after hours work.............
But I love it and the more you put in the more you get out of it xxxx
But staff should be available during opening hours, either full time or part time to cover those hours.............
JMHO

Between 7am and 10pm really.
We've found that the first appointments to go are the after work ones, they're like gold dust! lol
Women work, have careers and children. Some who work monday to friday don't want to come in on a saturday because that's the time they have for themselves or spend with thair family.
We work long hours and it's paid off.
In another post Geeg said that she regularly worked from 8am - 8pm and there's probably never been a more sucessful salon owner.
Will it be your own salon or someone elses? If it's your own you need to be there to accomodate people, build clientele. If it's someone elses they may be able to employ more than one person to cover to help you if you have children/family commitments.
But honestly, women will have their nails done at 7 in the morning! :eek:

hi i work formy self , and try and fit it in round my little one , so i do late nights and wekends , but it doesnt really bother me , coz i think i am at least offering times when clients can fit it in ,

Latest posts

Back