Starting from scratch

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty-beginner

Reaction score
Hi

I'm pregnant and not working at the mo. I've always always wanted to get into beauty but have never had the courage due to everyone saying it's so competitive and saturated etc etc.

I've decided to take the plunge now but honestly have no idea where to start. I'd like to do eyebrows, eyelashes, waxing and spray tans and then poss move onto nails eventually.

Which is the best to start on?
Any tips at all would be hugely appreciated.. I'm a bit nervous to say the least about it as I have no experience at all it's just something I've always really wanted to do.

Personally I would look for courses which teach a couple of the treatments you want to train in, I,e lashes and tinting. Then really do your research to get best training. It doesn't come cheap but it's better than training twice!!!
You may then find you like or dislike a certain area.. I did all beauty training on a full time 3 year course but love nails so have added to my nails training with CND which are fab!!

If nails are something you want to do, train in manicure and pedicure first, you will find it difficult to do any further training with nails without basic manicure qualification.

I agree there are alot of people now training in beauty but you need to stand out from the rest and provide high standard treatments for clients to return again and again. Beauty is very personal to the individual and clients tend to stay with you if you work up a good relationship with them, providing and meeting their expectations.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Hths!!!

Latest posts

Back