Starting home beauty room from scratch, can it be done?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sally14

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am after a bit of advice, I hope someone experienced can give me some advice

I have just gone back to my office job after maternity leave & realised that I no longer want to work in an office or travel into London so I am thinking of attending some training courses & opening my own beauty room at home (log cabin in the garden as I don't have the space indoors)

I have booked a lash Course with lashes by Francesca which I will be doing at the end of October, from that I am hoping to start up a little business & adding on some more treatments once (& if) the client base picks up. I have no experience in beauty however have really good customer service skills which I know will help me a bit

Am I mad in thinking this could actually work? I'm not trying to take over the world of beauty lol just would like to make a bit of money on the days I have childcare arranged & in the evenings as I am not ready to put my little one into nursery jusy yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

I work from home, also have a log cabin in the garden :) I now earn a steady(ish) wage but it didn't happen quickly. Took me a good 3 years to get here. It's ideal when you have children, mine are older now and both at school but I do earn enough to carry on doing this and I love it :) good luck x

It can definitely work. However you need to check with your local authority. Some require a license and done require an nvq qualification and so on. I would also advise not to skimp on your training.

Vic x

Thanks for your replys & advice, I definitely understand that it won't happen overnight & am willing to put the work it to make it the best I can x

I currently do mobile tans which I love and decided that I'm going to start doing more training and hopefully eventually I would like to do this full time xx

Latest posts

Back