Starting my own business, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lottielove

Reaction score
Please help!

Im looking at renting a room in a barbers to do womens only.
Asking rent is 150 pw is this reasonable?
Also I'm nervous as anything starting on my own, getting the clientel and succeeding... has anyone stated on their own and been successful? And any tips on me succeeding?

Please I need help guys as this is my dream yet I'm worrying so much at the same time.

Kind regards x:(o_O

Depends which industry are you ref to? Renting room for beauty or renting for hair?

The rent really depends on the area you are living in. Im starting up too and have the whole upstairs of a venue to have a beauty salon, downstairs will be a fitness suite im in a village setting and am paying £70 pw. If you are in a city it'll naturally be a higher rent. Build a portfolio. Offer treatments at an introductory offer to draw in clients and get your name out there. Have a facebook page. Instagram. Twitter any many social network pages as you can. Create a wensite. Have a catchy name and business cards. Join a local business networking association. Once you have a client base have an email client newsletter. Also do a good job so clients return

Sorry spelling errors above

That rent seems high, but it depends on area. Maybe negotiate the rent for the first month or two until you get off your feet.

Not sure where you are but it averages out at £30 per day if your doing 5 days. I think that's pretty cheap, one cbd a day will cover your rent! Going rate in my area is from £50 a day to rent a chair. Your getting a whole room!

Latest posts

Back