Starting my own business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruthvenx3

Reaction score
Hi Geeks :)
I am currently employed in a salon in Edinburgh but live in the Scottish Borders (around a 50 mile commute!). I know I'd really like to start up on my own nearer home but I'm not sure where to start! I have about 5 years experience and know what I want from a salon. The issue is I only have about 10 clients near home. Is it worth just going for it or would I be better working for someone again to build up clients in the area?
ANY help will be much appreciated! X

Aaaaany help at all? [emoji8]

When you say start up on your own nearer home what do you mean? Mobile, home based, buying a salon? X

Hiya, yes flawless beauty is right. You need to have a clear idea of what type of beauty business you would like to set up. A salon, mobile, evening and weekend mobile. Renting a beauty room within a hairdressers. When you have what you would like to do in mind, you can start to see if it fits where you live. Also I have found doing a small business plan is very helpful in bringing to mind what things are needed in running a beauty salon. Wish you all the best.

A business plan is a really good idea, it can help you understand how much business you would need to be generating to deliver a profit, then you can decide if it's viable, or if you're better off doing something different in the short term that can get you to where you want to be.

Thanks all for your replies! I will get cracking with a business plan before making any decision. Would definitely be looking at salon based (either my own or renting a space) rather than mobile/home. X

Latest posts

Back