Starting nail business from home - need advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How long did it take to build up a full time clientèle? I am hoping to eventually move into a full time situation working from home. Also, where did you set up shop in your home? And do you think having cats will be a issue for me when it comes to building up clients?

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks ladies :)

I'm in the process of doing the same thing, I'd like to hear the best way to start as well.:)

I am also just stating to go mobile/from home however i need some advise on how to atract clients have don't have any as yet. Was thing of doing a leaflet drop and have set up a web site. All idears really needed.

Thanks

Kira

Hi I have not long started working from home/ mobile and am in the process of building up my client base. One of the first things you must do tho is get in touch with your local council to make sure that there are no restrictions to you working from home. I had no problem at all, but all councils are different some actually charge a fee for planning permmision, and they look at parking issues etc, also if you own your own home your mortgage company and insurance may need to be informed...You have a three month leeway to inform the taxman that your working self employed.
Asfar as advertising, anywhere you can really friends and family are a great start, and word of mouth is the biggest client grabber. always make sure your own nails look good your your own best advert...and leave your buisiness cards everywhere you can.
HTH Suze

Latest posts

Back