Starting Out In Nails!! :-) Help Needed From The Experts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrinew16

Reaction score
Hello!

I am currently a skin geek. I am trained in spray tanning, waxing, eye treatments & lashes and I am now moving on to nails! :)

I have found a course that covers manicure, pedicure & minx. I would eventually like to add 14 day manicures to my list something similar to Jessica GELeration.

Can I please ask a few questions? I would really appreciate it if you could help my with your advice and your own experiences.

Please bare in mind that I am mobile and I am on a bit of a budget. I fully understand that buying cheap often means buying twice, but I can only really afford cost effective products.

1) Would a salon systems starter kit in mani & pedi be ok? Are their products suffice?

2) Do you opt for paraffin wax or heated mitts & booties for luxury treatments?

3) How popular is minx?

4) Can you recommend a good 12 day manicure system towards the cheaper end of the Market?

5) Are there any products in particular that you would recommend?

So sorry for the long post!

Thank you for your help!!

Terri xxx

i am trained in these products & use salon systems products, i really like the thai manicure and pedicure range. i buy them from the normal wholesalers, i believe its capital hair&beauty that sell it now, also beauty express online do. i buy the set kit and just top up if i need one thing at a time. the basic hand kit is good to work with too, i love the smells and how soft the skin feels after a treatment. also yes parrafin wax is a luxury extra to a manicure. what course are you doing?? also if you went with salon system products then its worth looking at their gel polish, gellux...its only sold by capital hair&beauty. its getting really good feed back and lasts 15days apparantly,lots of colours too...im buying the lot lol

I find Minx very popular in my area, I do Minx parties and make a nice bit of cash x

i am trained in these products & use salon systems products, i really like the thai manicure and pedicure range. i buy them from the normal wholesalers, i believe its capital hair&beauty that sell it now, also beauty express online do. i buy the set kit and just top up if i need one thing at a time. the basic hand kit is good to work with too, i love the smells and how soft the skin feels after a treatment. also yes parrafin wax is a luxury extra to a manicure. what course are you doing?? also if you went with salon system products then its worth looking at their gel polish, gellux...its only sold by capital hair&beauty. its getting really good feed back and lasts 15days apparantly,lots of colours too...im buying the lot lol

Thanks for getting back to me ladies!! :)

Glad to hear you get on well with the salon systems products. I will definitely be giving those a try! :) The Thai products sound great, I have just been reading up on those online.

I have found a course with the minx academy which was recommended on here. I will be booking on Monday.

Gellux sounds good too. Do you know if it very expensive to buy? Would I need to attend another course to offer this service or would my mani pedi course enable me to to this?

Thanks again!!
Sorry for all the questions!! Xx

Thanks for getting back to me ladies!! :)

Glad to hear you get on well with the salon systems products. I will definitely be giving those a try! :) The Thai products sound great, I have just been reading up on those online.

I have found a course with the minx academy which was recommended on here. I will be booking on Monday.

Gellux sounds good too. Do you know if it very expensive to buy? Would I need to attend another course to offer this service or would my mani pedi course enable me to to this?

Thanks again!!
Sorry for all the questions!! Xx

i always look everywhere to see where is offering the best deal or price. some places have vat free sales, always a good day to shop lol. hope you enjoy the minx course, i want to try doing nail wraps too, massively popular in my area and its popular in germany where i live atm.(squadies wife lol) lots of the wives are obsessed with anything nails etc.... thinking of trying trendy nail wraps as the designs are lovely but might go with minx too. i believe you need to be qualified in gel nails, preferably uv&soak off to get insured for it as the course gellux does is a workshop to show you how to use it. check with your insurance company if this is right. they all vary. who are you going with for your mani/pedi?? ask all the questions you like, i love talking nails and more nails lol, same as everyone on here :) i have looked at gellux prices compared to all the others and its the cheapest and does the same job. have a look on capitals website and type it in and you'll see the range :)

I find Minx very popular in my area, I do Minx parties and make a nice bit of cash x

I've just started up as mobile and trained in minx a few weeks ago, minx is bringing me clients. I have them on my toes, so it's a great selling point when people comment on my minxed toes! I say, they're nice aren't they, I do them, then they ask what else I do ... After a chat I end up giving out a business card! Xx

If your in England why not do a Minx course through sweet squared ? They are the UK distribution for it so who better?

They are also the UK distribution for CND , so you could use there manicure and pedicure products , they have intro packs and as the products are such good quality alittle goes a very long way !

Shellac is also a CND product , and has definitely set the trend for UV color !

Sweet squared offer training for each of these systems up and down the UK , and for most classes ( might not be all) I believe the training is free or you receive the same value or more of product as you pay for the class ,

You don't need a UV gel qualification pre Shellac , it would certainly help to understand the chemistry and cure process but as CND are science based this will be covered in the class ,

At least this way you have one company to work with through your education and sourcing your products ,

Minx is good but there are equally as good products out there with a bigger profit margin.......Kooky, Trendy Wrap and Nail Appliques to name a few have a look around first!!!

Latest posts

Back