Starting out mobile need lots of advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynseyt83

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this site and also about to start out mobile doing a whole range of beauty treatments. I have a spare room as well which I am going to make available for clients who would prefer to come to me. I need advice and lots of it please! Where's best to buy my salon equipment from? What kind of therapy bed should I go for? For the likes of a hot towel cabinet, can you get one small enough to go portable? I know that's a lot of questions so I really would appreciate any feedback at all thanks! Also any tips on drumming up business and getting my name out there, I need the work to buy the equipment and I need they first few clients to make a great impression on to start word of mouth. Thanks in advance for your help.

There are lots of questions to answer there so your best bit is to do a bit of homework on here first. All your questions will have been answered in depth. As your new to the site, look to the top right of the page and start using the search button for the threads regarding your specific questions. Get a notepad and jot them and answers all down to cross reference them.

Once you have done that and need any further help then ask away:)

My only advice is that if you've got a room, then don't do mobile.

I did it for 4 months and have just converted a room at home to work from, it's so much easier, treatments are quicker, you can book more appointments in, it's saved my poor back, and most importantly I haven't lost any existing regular clients - all of them are now happy to come to me.

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mobile takes a while to establish and you need to think of the equipment you're carting around. You won't want to carry anything extra, like a hot towel container, as it's just a complete pain.

I think you'll struggle to claw back the money quickly to pay for more courses/equipment. You might be better training in a few popular treatments, advertising those then add some more later.

Latest posts

Back