Stationery: top of the list?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
When starting out what would you say is the most important stationary to start out with? I mean like business cards, price lists, leaflets, gift vouchers, appointment cards, loyalty cards etc...Is there anything I can get at a later date to save on costs? xx

It's all equally important. I would of said the only thing you may be able to put off for a little while is gift vouchers.

Don't really agree with BP I'm afraid. I would say get pricelists done - lots of them, and get them delivered locally. Make sure that they say "Gift vouchers available" and make sure you have some gift vouchers available - especially at this time of year! I wouldn't worry too much about everything else at this stage - maybe appt cards, because they should be pretty cheap!

We've been going quite a long time and are about to introduce loyalty cards, but don't think they are a must for starting out!

Sorry BP x

Don't really agree with BP I'm afraid. I would say get pricelists done - lots of them, and get them delivered locally. Make sure that they say "Gift vouchers available" and make sure you have some gift vouchers available - especially at this time of year! I wouldn't worry too much about everything else at this stage - maybe appt cards, because they should be pretty cheap!

We've been going quite a long time and are about to introduce loyalty cards, but don't think they are a must for starting out!

Sorry BP x

Thank you! I was thinking of doing some sort of offer to bring clients in and one idea I had was to offer a gift voucher off a treatment on their 2nd appointment so I agree I think gift vouchers are an important one xx

I'm just starting out and choose to get price lists, business cards (which double up at appointment cards on the front and loyalty cards on the back :) )

I've also done some introductory offer flyers for Shellac. Just to try and tempt people in!

i spent the money getting good paper/card stock and did it all myself. I bought a paper cutter, and this was a really good thing to do for the start. I could print price lists, vouchers, etc.

I could also match paper and card stock so i could hand it out. It didn't matter it is black and white, it came out lovely.

I even did my daughters' B'nai Mitzvah invitations (a few years apart) and had people asking me who did them. If you find you are going through the business cards fast, and generating the business it is worth buying first because you have other things done.

it could also be i'm crafty (and cheap) :)

1. Business cards - mine have loyalty scheme on the back. This is your most important as you can carry them anywhere and give them out all the time
2. Price lists - I print my own
3. Leaflets for a leaflet drop if you're doing one - I still have loads of mine, ordered far too many, but every time I post them out I get a good response rate

Hth x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back