Sterex SXB settings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steenberg

Reaction score
Hi. Would anyone have the intensity settings for the SXB Sterex Electrolysis Machine (advanced and normal electrolysis????):)

just registered so i could ask the same question. I recently bought the sterex sxb and I was told max therm setting 2 timing 6-8sec and gal 45. I find my machine is up to 70 in galvanic and although the hair comes out no root bulb attached. I am obviously not at the working point but am apprehensive about going higher. Have successfully done electrolysis for several years now not so keen.

please dont take this the wrong way, but surely you must have a manual? if not you can download them online in pdf format or ask sterex directly.

Also dependent on when you did your training, i was taught using many different machines/models, each intensity is different on EVERY client, dependent on pain threshold. If your using a flash/certain intensity the hairs should slide out...i hths xoxo

I've done electrolysis for a long time and am aware that settings are different on individual clients/machine. Is it not possible to recieve a kind answer to a question on this site? All I wanted was advise from someone who had used this machine longer than I have. No I don't have a manual and my next step was to call sterex directly. Thanks, however, for the reply.

Oh dear, i do actually own the machine in question and have given you helpful suggestions on what you can do.

The obvious answers would be: where did you buy it? and why didnt the supplier give you a manual? Has it been PAT tested?

Im not questioning your abilities rather informing you that if you havent used the sterex brand before or had use in training, then i would recommend to go to the the manufactor as sterex is more powerful(painful) at higher intensities compared to other brands....ie apilus HTHs xoxo

apologies for sounding so grumpy earlier but am finding this machine frustrating. I guess I just wanted a rough idea of other peoples working points, I know all clients are different but pain threshold aside what is safe on the skin. I have used sterex machines before but not for blend. :confused:

i train students to use this machine in a college. we always start on the following settings:

for blend: swd 2-3 time 5 gal 10 (go up by 5 on gal)
swd only: swd 15 time 2-3 (go up by 2)
galvanic only: time 10 gal 10 (go up by 5)

obviously this is just the very basic starting points and as you know it depends on the client.

when i was working in the salon i only tended to use swd on its own, i use to start on about 20-25 for 2 seconds and this most of the time would remove terminal facial hair.

hope that helps a bit.

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. Dx

I start the thermolysis on a 5 and galvanic on a 20 for 5ecs just keep working to release point, some hairs are so strong that you may nee high settings for over 10 secs duration but those are beard type hairs good luck!

Latest posts

Back