Sterilising implements between clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
I am a mobile beautician currently in between clients i wash impliments with soapy water then spray them and my buffers and files with salon system nail and file antiseptic cleansing spray is this enough to stop any infection? what does every one else use?????????????????:Grope:

You cannot sterilise something with a sanitiser or disinfectant - they will sanitise or disinfect, which is sufficient for salons.

Yeah i know i worded that wrongly didnt i !!! Was working on a dentist and he was quizing me over it ! thanks :)

Yeah i know i worded that wrongly didnt i !!! Was working on a dentist and he was quizing me over it ! thanks :)
I am also mobile, but it depends on what type client you have, i keep each clients file buffer seperate they each have their own ziplock plastic bag which gets cleaned as you describe then placed in a bag which is marked for them.
But for just once off clients I wash then spray with antibacterial alchol based spray, I also carry a nail sanitiser steri tray so the clippers pusher gets placed in that while i doing her set, ready by time i go to my next lady!

Hope this helps or answers any question you have.:green:

Just a quick question are the steri trays water tight ... what i mean is could you carry the case with the liquid in it?

Hope that doesnt sound dumb but i wondered if i could travel with the implements in the steri fluid.

thx

Champagne

You only need to sanitise your buffer and tools We do not need to sterilise them unless we are going to operate on the clients :)

Yes im only wanting to soak my metal tools in the sani case, just as i would on my desk.

Do you know if they are water proof

thx

Mundo sell some great wipes that are great for mobile use.
I would sanitise the tools first and then disinfect them with the wipes and hey presto!
They are called Hard Surface Disinfectant Wipes,t hay can be used on any surface that is not sensitive to alcohol or there are the Multi Surface Disinfectant Wipes that can be used on anything that is sensitve to alcohol for example your pedicure baths.
All Mundo products are available through Sweet Squared on 0845 210 6060

HTH

xxxx

Thanks everyone.

Yeah ive just bought all the mundo range .... think ill just buy the case & try lol

I do this all the time on these threads .. confuse people sorry x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back