Stick on decals - problem - sore bit

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
Hi there

Has anyone used the stick on decals and had any problems with them. I put one on my client about a month ago, when she was due for a rebalance it buffed off in the process. Ever since then there is a slight red mark where it was, she said when she was rubbing solar oil in the other day it felt slightly sore, it's almost as if it's eaten into the acrylic, I'm very conscious not to be over zealous with filing. Any ideas.

In the meantime I have left the acrylic on and assume we will have to wait until it grows out, middle of her nail. However, in 2 weeks time she will be due for a soak off as her nails have really grown and she doesn't want to keep her own. So now I'm a wee bit worried how the sore bit will react to soaking off.

Deb379

If the plate is sore then it has been thinned by filing. The decal must have conveniently covered up the damage until you removed it. It will not have eaten into the acrylic!

I would not soak off until this has grown out, and I would take even more care to not buff the plate in preparing for the new set. Although you say you are conscious to not over buff, this is what has happened ... sometimes it occurs unconsciously. And if I am correct, you are quite new to nails?

If you put new product over this damage, you could have a client that has onycholysis on this nail. Ask her to wait a few more weeks until the damage has grown out --- on this nail anyway.

i have a client who has nail decals, gems, flowers, glitter, stars etc on every two weeks and she has never had any soreness or red patches from them. i think they are harmless...i am impressed by how long they stay on acrylic nails though! i put them on natural nails and the are off usually in the 1st week, but on acrylic nails and toe nails they seem to stay on forever!

anytips on how to keep them on natural nails???

Latest posts

Back