Sticking crystals to enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joingram87

Reaction score
Morning all,

What a lovely day :)

I know this is a very much asked question however I am still struggling.

I have read threads on how to secure crystals to l+p, gel, shellac etc and others say they stay put for ages. I am having problems sticking my crystals to my l+p and gels. I don't encase them in the l+p or gel and a lot of threads have mentioned to use gelbond to stick them on with. I have been doing this but they still come off in a couple of days.

I haven't tried with shellac yet, and I know there are no guarantees of them staying on the nails but is there any other tips I may be missing, do I need to 'etch' the l+p and gel in the chosen area so it's not a smooth area?

Any advice will be brill :)

Jo xxx
Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I have never glued crystals on with any adhesive. I set them in the Top coat. I daub a third of the nail with top coat, set the crystals quickly, then the next third and so on if doing the whole nail. I do not coat again with anything else.

Thanks for that, I will give it a go next time I use crystals. :) when using l+p do you use the brisa top coat or normal top coat?

Thanks for that, I will give it a go next time I use crystals. :) when using l+p do you use the brisa top coat or normal top coat?

I never cover L&P with a gel top coat.

I use LUMOS bottom and top together. Very easy, very quick, super glossy and dries in secoonds.

I have never glued crystals on with any adhesive. I set them in the Top coat. I daub a third of the nail with top coat, set the crystals quickly, then the next third and so on if doing the whole nail. I do not coat again with anything else.

So do u do this over shellac as well? Buff to remove the shine of the shellac, apply top coat, then stones, and that's it? I was curious about this as well.

Last nigh I did all my shellac colour coats and cured and then applied the top coat but before curing I placed the crystals where I wanted them then cured.

I know it hasn't been 24 hours yet but they do seem to be firmly in place! :)

Last nigh I did all my shellac colour coats and cured and then applied the top coat but before curing I placed the crystals where I wanted them then cured.

I know it hasn't been 24 hours yet but they do seem to be firmly in place! :)

I did this on my client this morning and she called me not 4 hours later to have them fall off! Thank God I didn't charge her for them. I think I should have applied the top coat thicker so the stones had something to sit in. I will try this next! :) not giving up

Oh no!!! I wonder what she did-she could have picked at them? Is she a picker?

I still have all 4 of mine on, so far so good :) I did press them into the top coat a little. Yet try it a little thicker and see how that goes :)

Last edited:
I put my crystals into the top coat too.

I just apply top coat a tiny bit thicker if I'm putting crystals on and then I give them I gently press to make sure they are sitting well into the top coat and the edge of them is surrounded well and then cure.

Latest posts

Back