Stiletto nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeelingLippy

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I have a client asking for stiletto nails. I have not ever done them before, is it just a case of filing the extension into the stiletto shape? Going to do a set on my sister to see how I go before I commit to doing them on a client. Anyone have any hints for a good set?

I usually sculpt if asked for stiletto nails but I do believe you can buy stiletto tips, think pro impressions do some.

Kim

For stilletto and almond shaped nails I sculpt as well. I personally like sculpting much better then using a tip for any shape though lol.

Morning

I use the tips, they are good.

Oooh they look good, ill order some thanks girls! X

They are very good tips, if you do a search on here you'll see many happy geeks use them ;)

Excited to try them!

I have used the pro impressions stiletto tips but i am going to get back into sculpting and practising sculpting stiletto nails :)

I may need to as well - they are charging me $24 for international delivery because I am in Oz, that's three times the tips lol

Hi :)

Unless it would suit the client better to have sculpts (flat nail etc) I just use my regular transparent tip and file to shape, but its just what suits you best, I kind of enjoy filing into shape, I find it quite satisfying lol xx

I always sculpt stilettos, i just feel i get more control over the getting the shape that i want them to be

This was my first attempt at a stiletto..... used CND gel with LE Black and Friday at 4 gels was going to add some glitter over the black so did not do a nice smile line but was unhappy with the look overall so re did the whole thing.... lol well it has been only 9 weeks for me now so I think I did so so....

Attachments

• yule stiletto.jpg
    yule stiletto.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 81,411
Those are really nice Tip Toe Nails :)

This was my first attempt at a stiletto..... used CND gel with LE Black and Friday at 4 gels was going to add some glitter over the black so did not do a nice smile line but was unhappy with the look overall so re did the whole thing.... lol well it has been only 9 weeks for me now so I think I did so so....

That's lovely! That is pretty good for your first attempt!

Why thank you ladies. I really am no fan of it lol. I used Gemma (Naio Nails) utube with acrylic as a guideline. I like the black lines but the overall feel I am just not diggin it... I will post the new one soon! I have only been at this 9 weeks so cant be too hard on oneself but I like the bar high then I have something to strive for.

They look amazing, can't believe that's your first time, well done! I have not sculpted since my original acrylic and gel training a couple of years ago, I would love to get back into it, think I will start practicing again :)

Latest posts

Back