Still lifting around edge. can you help.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurab71

Reaction score
I am really pulling my hair out on this one. I think i have mastered the smooth top appearance of the nail but no matter how thin i apply it around the edges, it is still lifting, which says to me, it is either to close to skin or to thick around the edge. But if i dont put enough on, you can see were it is lacking product, so i have to put some product on. I know this is really hard for someone to understand because you`se cant see what i am on about. But what does some suggest to help me corrcet my problem. You know when it comes to file around the edges, should i use a grit file or a smoothing block.
Lol.:rolleyes:

hiya it could be too close or to thick or your prep...geeg wrote this on another thread....

Too close is touching!! If you touch product to any of the skin surrounding the plate you will get lifting.

If your prep is not spot on and thorough you will get lifting.

If you do not press your product firmly into place before smoothing it, you will get lifting.

If your product is not kept moisturised and supple by oiling it every day with something like Solar Oil then you may get lifting.

If your enhancements are out of balance and not maintained regularly you will get lifting.

Go through these things and see if you can eliminate any of them. HTH xx

Latest posts

Back