Stolen stock business name and clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjmand

Reaction score
Just want to get this off my chest I recently rented space for 6 months for my 14 year establish business, I have a loyal clientele whom alot are now close friends. I was working within a gorgeous salon but cracks started to appear not paying tax insurance even there staff. So I decided to move on while I could I found new premises and prepared to move on. My appointment book and client records vanished as if by magic, stock walked and rumours started. I am now working locally where my clients followed me. I'm now hearing the previous salon has renamed their salon as near to my business name as they could using my Stolen stock and contacting my regular clients by offering them huge discounts. I am not threatened by this as business is business and everyone loves a bargain but gets my goat when people think that's how easy it is to set up a business by poaching my clients, ideas and stock I took 14 years to get where I am and done it by offering excellent service, treatments and using premium products it was easy and only now being rewarded by my efforts and sickened how unprofessional and calculated people can be. Anyway feel a tad better now :)

Sorry to hear this hun and can understand you wanting to get it off your chest! You know one thing i thought as i read this was they can take your stock, use as close to your name as possible, contact your clients and offer them discounts but do you know what? They're not YOU and the clients won't be getting YOU! And that's the biggest difference and one that a client will definitely notice a mile off. It's like that advert. . . Its like a golf but it's not a golf :)

Good luck for your new venture and don't sweat it honey.

Big x

That made me smile thanks so much and so true :)

Oh my god thats so horrible for you :hug:
Though, you could see it as incredibly flattering :biggrin: I mean if they have gone to all that trouble, you must be something pretty damn good, and if thats the case- as im sure it is- I have no doubt you will recover from this with the upper hand!
Good luck xxxx

Latest posts

Back