Stone Files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarita360

Reaction score
Hi all,

What is the general consensus on stone files?
I can't seem to make up my mind...I like the idea but even after using them I am not convinced. I've used the pink ones and the finer grey ones (I've seen them called 'cuticle erasers' or files but I only use them for filing tips after an incident using them on my cuticles :confused: )

Is there a special situation in which stone files work best? Or maybe a situation in which I should avoid them?

Thx so much!

Sarita

Never used one for cuticles. I did used to use the Alessandro ones to seal the free edge at the end of the manicure and I did like them, but I haven't used their stuff for years.

Sassy Hassy said:
Never used one for cuticles. I did used to use the Alessandro ones to seal the free edge at the end of the manicure and I did like them, but I haven't used their stuff for years.
I used it for my cuticles because the directions said I could wet it and run gently across to remove excess cuticle.

Well it worked, but it left grooves in my nail plate and I was soooo gentle and careful. I didn't see them until the nails grew out, never again using something like that! :/

Is the stick made of pumice? And a teracotta colour>? If so, i use one, mines a Pinnacle cuticle remover (stone dewd), and i love it! Its sanitize-able, and mines really gentle! I gently rotate it across the cuticle, and it scrubs it off. I switch between this and a curette.
I find them great for the toes during pedicure.
Never caused any damage with it. Maybe the one youhave is a bit sharp/rough?

RuthW said:
Is the stick made of pumice? And a teracotta colour>? If so, i use one, mines a Pinnacle cuticle remover (stone dewd), and i love it! Its sanitize-able, and mines really gentle! I gently rotate it across the cuticle, and it scrubs it off. I switch between this and a curette.
I find them great for the toes during pedicure.
Never caused any damage with it. Maybe the one youhave is a bit sharp/rough?
That's possible, it has a very pointed tip. It looks and feels like a denser version of grey pumice, not sure what it is really made of. Maybe I can try rotating it like you describe. I have used it to file tips and it leaves them quite smooth and "conditioned"-feeling

Latest posts

Back