Stop hair flicking out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muza101

Reaction score
Cut my mums hair into an all one length long Bob and went through with thinning scissors after and texturised a wee bit , the hair is flicking out at the bottom , how can I stop this ? Do I need to thin it out more or what ?

Cut my mums hair into an all one length long Bob and went through with thinning scissors after and texturised a wee bit , the hair is flicking out at the bottom , how can I stop this ? Do I need to thin it out more or what ?

A one length Bob is meant to be a blunt cut with all the weight on the perimeter.
I wouldn't have picked up thinning scissors afterwards.

When doing a consultation for a cut, you need to consider hair type, growth patterns, face shape etc. and adapt the style accordingly. If it's very dense and needs thinning, consider a different style that has some layers, and/or graduation in it.

Thanks , I'm just in training at the moment so my mum lets me practice a lot on her haha, was going more for that messy kind of long bob look that's in right now but the flicking just ruins it xw

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456389720.517411.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456389745.349566.jpg

Those pictures are it before I touched it with the thinning scissors .. Felt it was too heavy / blunt so that's why I thinned it a bit x

It's the length. It's just sitting a touch too long where it hits the shoulders area and flicks.

Probably thinning it took the weight away that held it straighter.

I agree it's the length. I would take another inch off so it's sitting just above the shoulders, don't thin the ends x

Cut it more, cut up to the neckline & graduate down towards the current front length, only take the tinyist bit off the corners to make it bevel nicely

Latest posts

Back