Storing Tanning Solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robyn

Reaction score
Just a reminder to anyone that dabbles in spray tanning to keep you tanning solution nice and cool in this weather. If you have space in the fridge then stick it in there or if your solution can be frozen, store any extra unopened bottles in the freezer and they will last indefinately. Check with your local distributor though as not all tanning solutions are natural enough to be frozen.

Excessive heat (or age) will cause tanning solutions to break down. This applies to all products, so look after your solution carefully, no matter where you get it from.

Thanks for the reminder Robyn, I had a wee nightmare with my solutions last summer!

Cathie! said:
Thanks for the reminder Robyn, I had a wee nightmare with my solutions last summer!

Cathie

I am sorry you had a nightmare with your solution last summer:cry: , but glad you made that posting :lol: as it would appear that some people are claiming this only happens to other peoples solutions and not theirs:eek: !!!! Cheeky Monkeys or what :mad: ???

Mines all hidden in the dark depths of my bedroom cupboard

Yes I store mine in the fridge. Nice and cooling on a hot day but has given peeps goosebumps on cold days when I've not had time to let it get to room temperature!

Silly question but how do you know that the solution has been affected by the heat or sun?:confused:

Generally the colour guide will look different. It varys from solution to solution. Some go a bit black, some go a greeish colour but you will just instintively know as the colour of the liquid will just look different. It does not affect the end results of the tan if the solution is applied as it is just the colour guide that is affected, but your clients may not be too pleased with the initial results:rolleyes: .

I found that the colour guide turned a dirty green colour, as Robyn said, it doesn't affect the outcome of the tan, but you don't want your clients going out looking like they haven't had a shower for weeks! Get it in the fridge!

great advice!
this is what i love about this site....the fact that people will go out of their way to post useful hints and tips that will help us all

xx

Jennykins said:
great advice!
this is what i love about this site....the fact that people will go out of their way to post useful hints and tips that will help us all

xx

Indeed ... I am so pleased to have been given this advise .. thanks very much. :hug:

Last year, our solution like many others, lost it's colour as it broke down - some companies will tell you it goes green to prevent the "orange" look...... some say it goes green because it is "organic"!!!....we found the real reason for the colour change and solved that problem, now Tantrick solution does not go green, purple or black!

It is true however that all solution containing DHA will become less effective over time so don't buy more than you need, store it in a cool place and use it within 6 months of opening.

Mandy

Latest posts

Back