Strengthing nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shauna06

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend something to strengthen nails? My nails are breaking like crazy but I've noticed that my thumb nails are breaking at the side quite high up, its unusual. I'm anemic and on iron tablets and I know that can cause brittle nails but I'm on treatment for it. I'm going to start using a builder gel as I only use gel polish atm which isn't strong enough but I'd like to solve the problem as opposed to just masking it.

Can anyone recommend something to strengthen nails? My nails are breaking like crazy but I've noticed that my thumb nails are breaking at the side quite high up, its unusual. I'm anemic and on iron tablets and I know that can cause brittle nails but I'm on treatment for it. I'm going to start using a builder gel as I only use gel polish atm which isn't strong enough but I'd like to solve the problem as opposed to just masking it.
Try Nail Envy from OPI it’s fab

IBX nail treatment is fab! I use it on all my clients that come from nss salons who want acrylics removed. If they are breaking quite high up maybe it’s because your nails don’t have a lot of flex to them being brittle. What about about some solar oil? X

Chroma gel fix and protect xx

I second the OPI Nail Envy. And cuticle oil multiple times a day massaged around the cuticle and under the free edge of the nail. x

The Gel Bottle builder gels are fab and ideal for extra protection alone or under coloured gel polish
Easy to apply

Ibx it’s great. Something you have to keep applying but iv used on couple of clients and after a few uses flaking and peeling stops!
Can be used on its own or under polish, gel polish etc but has to go on to natural nails

I found taking a supplement like cod liver oil capsules (or flaxseed if you are vegetarian) makes a massive difference.

The Gel Bottle builder gels are fab and ideal for extra protection alone or under coloured gel polish
Easy to apply

Yeah thats what I'm using on myself now, my nails actually lasted a full 3 weeks yay! lol

Have you gone for an ibx treatment I found this has helped a lot of clients with flaking nails. You might need a few treatments but the results are quite good long term.

The best way to strengthen your nails is to wear acrylics.

Latest posts

Back